Original topic:

Feedback on S23 series One UI 6.1 megathread

(Topic created: 03-29-2024 10:48 AM)
Options
Galaxy S23

Every since updating to this verson, The most significant features i use are circle to search and the lockscreen widgets. Some bugs: slow charging speed, crappy lockscreen widget animations. And slightly more battery drain. Fix this samsung.

264 Replies
Johnaum
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Eversince updating to this version or even after the update last april 1 the battery drains faster. I hope samsung will be able to solve this.

userRAAWmImvpi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

https://samlover.com/2024/04/26/galaxy-s24-users-to-soon-enjoy-custom-always-on-display-options/

Did see this article earlier, let's hope it doesn't take forever for a GoodLock - Lockstar update.  At least they acknowledged how terrible the update was and that we want the ability to customize things if we so choose to do so.

0 Likes
edukessen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello guys,

Like many of you, I'm very frustrated with the changes imposed on us via one UI 6.1.

Before the update, my phone was set up to use gestures with NO GESTURE HINT and have the keyboard without the hide keyboard button. So the bottom row of my keyboard keys was at the very bottom of my screen.

So in coming 6.1. I had to use "Good Locks" to even be able to hide the super annoying gesture hint, and turn off the circle to search so it doesn't randomly activate when switching apps. However, the one thing I'm not able to fix that was broken is to have a voice input button WITHOUT having to turn on hide my keyboard.

I don't want to have a massive space at the bottom of my keyboard for only a voice input button in the very left corner because that changes all the positions of the keys for typing. The keyboard is probably the most used feature of any phone. Muscle memory is very important so you're not having to look and type each single letter independently. 

I tried G-board for a week as some suggested but I hated it. 

All I want is for there to at least be an OPTION to move the voice input button to the top navigation bar where it was before this update. I don't care if I have to use another advanced app like "Good Lock" to activate it. Samsung, please.

I'm sure there are others with this same problem. Let's let them hear us by upvoting this thread. 

cndie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Lost all friends names
0 Likes
krazy_loco
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I too struggle. I just want that voice input button on the keyboard. Any idea if it's going to be rectified any time soon?
qwertyuiopasdfghjklz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I didn't want this update and I don't want Circle to Search. Now long-pressing my home button is useless.
userRAAWmImvpi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Still no fix released to fix the AOD icons being all the same color and smashed together. I chatted with a Samsung Care team member and they seemed completely unaware of any concerns about the issue and referred me to the community to look for help. šŸ˜…

Ericb6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

the last update yesterday gave color on 1 icon, but not the texting ones i need.   Little Caesars comes through in orange so I dont understand why they all dont come in color like they used to.

0 Likes
Irving_Twibb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Wow, sad that Samsung is paying so little attention to user feedback.  I guess this means they also don't read the reviews of AOD on the Galaxy store...it's getting slammed (rightly so).  And I assume no one from Samsung looks at these forums.  They should be embarrassed to release an "upgrade" that removes functionality.  My biggest complaint with AOD is the loss of app-specific colors on the notification icons.  @Ericb6 you said an update made your Little Caeser's icon show-up in color...was that an update to AOD or Good Lock, or something else?

0 Likes
chrlsld
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I keep getting bugged about it by my phone but I've read it deteriorates battery(hoping this gets fixed) so, should I download it, I bet I can go a long time without it but I would like to enjoy ai while it's freešŸ‘