Original topic:

Galaxy S23 Ultra Screen Issue, Can Only See Top Half

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
JEUsagiT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi, I have noticed an issue on my Galaxy S23 Ultra, carried by Verizon, where I can see the top half of my screen perfectly fine, but the bottom half is having some kind of issue about its brightness. I've had this green 512 GB phone for about 18 months now.

The thing is, I'm in a hard financial issue where I wouldn't want to get a new phone quite yet, nor would I be willing to spend $400 on getting the screen replaced. I would like to self service this issue first before any last resorts can happen.

20240812_100522.jpg20240812_100548.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@JEUsagiT It probably needs to be replaced or repaired. Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Have you tried booting it into safe mode? To boot in safe mode, https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/  

Have you tried running any of the diagnostics in the Samsung Members app -> Support? This might not be possible if you can't see or select anything on the bottom half of the screen. 

0 Likes
JEUsagiT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I can select things on the bottom half of the screen.

I have tried Safe Mode, and I'm not sure which app caused this issue actually. I am going to keep trying with running diagnostics, which I've just turned on using my Samsung Members app.

0 Likes