JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Assistant is not completely responsive to "dial" for certain contacts.

(Topic created: 01-09-2024 07:05 AM)
shUbEdUbEDU
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm having inconsistent weirdness with Google Assistant. For example, I've used it to call a particular work number every week day without any issues for years until a couple of months ago. Now, when I command it to call that contact, it often just says "Got it" or "Sure", but it doesn't attempt the call. It fails more than it works for this contact. It works consistently for othe contacts. I don't see anything that points me to a root cause. 
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand your concerns with Google Assistant not working properly with one specific contact and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you.

Let's try these troubleshooting steps to help resolve your issue:

Let your voice open the Google Assistant
If your phone isn't responding when you ask Hey, Google , go to Google Support
Open Android Settings > Apps > Google (G) app > Permissions > turn ON every choice provided.
Turn your Android device OFF and back ON.

Try clearing the Google (G) app Cache. Important: Settings can vary by phone. Clearing cache can free up needed space by removing temporary files. This is a short-term solution. Over time, cache will build up again.
  1. Open your phone's Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps & notifications.
  3. Tap the Google (G) app. If you don't see it, first tap See all apps or App info.
  4. Tap Storage & cache  Clear cache.

Check to see if all of your installed apps on Google Play are set to automatically update
Is your Android operating system updated? Open Android Settings > System (or About Phone) > Advanced > System Update > Check for update. If device updates, restart phone when update is complete.
Open Google Play Store > search for Google (G) app > open app > Uninstall > OK > Update > wait for update to install > Restart phone
Change your default phone assistant  to Google Assistant
Open Bixby app > App details> Bixby Voice > Set by default > disable by default

If you are still having issues after completing the troubleshooting steps please reach out to Google Assistant Support.