Original topic:

Google or Samsung messages?

(Topic created: yesterday)
M_Rosa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the S23 Ultra and lately I'm prompted to choose between Samsung or Google messages every time I received a message. How can I fix this problem? 

M_Rosa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I will try šŸ‘
PAHelper
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Just disable samsung messages in settings so it won't pop up.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
That's a valid idea too.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't know why thats happening to you, mine is fine. The only time I get asked is when I'm actually deliberately opening the other one to help someone. Did you have a recent update? Have you optimized and restarted your phone?
Puff2tuff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
There's only a couple reasons/solutions here. You either need to specifically go into settings, messages, and set Google Messages as your default, and once you do that, if you click on Samsung Messaging by accident or what have you, it will switch. So either you haven't made Google the default, or you did, but you might have hit Samsung Messages just quickly glancing at the icon, and it switched back. Honestly if you're only going to use Google, then just disable Samsung Messages. Hope you have it figured out!
M_Rosa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, today my phone had an update and restarted automatically
0 Likes
sin_nombre
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
You should try beeper
M_Rosa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I wanted to thanks for all your responses. I have tried everything you told me to do and I think it have been fixed.
CC84
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Google Messages is better than Samsung but it's been glitchy lately.
I have switched Handcent Next SMS Messenger & it's great, I haven't experienced any glitches or anything & it does have a companion app for your Smartwatch & it's free, you don't have to but I did pay a year subscription for a small fee, I think $12.00, it was worth the price, it's the best TXT messaging app I've ever used & I have tested pretty much all of them.
You can also download Handcent Anywhere app & it's free & doesn't have big annoying advertisements, with Handcent Anywhere you can sync your phone's messages with your tablet or Chromebook or even use the website version for your PC.
Handcent Next SMS Messages link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.handcent.app.nextsms .

Handcent Anywhere link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.handcent.app.anywhere
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
In settings the app folder scroll down to Google messages and set to default