JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Help with connecting to Android Auto to my new S23

(Topic created: 09-23-2023 05:34 PM)
cdkeen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm in need of guidance for connecting to android auto. I have a brand new S23, everything is up to date, my car is wireless android auto compatible, and it won't connect. I have tried a wired connection in two vehicles and it won't connect to android auto that way either. Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
cdkeen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Apparently my Mazda CX-30 has the "ability" for wireless android auto, but it's current software is compatible with a recent update. I went to the store and bought a higher quality USB and it works just fine now.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you gone in apps and searched android auto. It will bring it up in settings and when it opens it will say +Add or Pair Car
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Is this where you're trying?Screenshot_20230923_214151_Android Auto.jpg
cdkeen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
That's where I'm trying. It connects via Bluetooth wirelessly for calls and music, but wont activate android auto. If I connect it via USB it will charge only.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Did you try using Google? It has YouTube demonstration videos, which could be of help.
I recall having to google it when I couldn't figure out how to pair my Samsung Galaxy S22 to our 2012 Ford Fusion's bluetooth audio system, since it doesn't pair the same way as pairing a Bluetooth headset or earbuds.
Instead, there is a special procedure you must perform in the car in order to initiate the pairing process.
Perhaps there could be a similar process to pair your phone to your car.
0 Likes
Solution
cdkeen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Apparently my Mazda CX-30 has the "ability" for wireless android auto, but it's current software is compatible with a recent update. I went to the store and bought a higher quality USB and it works just fine now.
0 Likes