Original topic:

How can I fix stand alone 5G grayed out issue?

(Topic created: Sunday)
masterjedicreed
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Dose anyone else have there stand alone 5g Greyed out and how to fix it

16 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
My husband has an S23 Ultra and his is grayed out, not sure if there is a way to fix it. I have an S24+ and mine isn't grayed out, so I can turn mine off and on. We have AT&T and both of our phones are locked. I attached a screenshot of mine. 1722195014729.jpg
0 Likes
masterjedicreed
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Okay I think it's an att thing I guess
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, seems like they decided to ungray the toggle on the s24 series. Not sure why.
0 Likes
userBwl1a9WGum
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
It's disabled on my S23U, too. I haven't found a way to fix it, but I haven't tried too much.1722195290565.jpg
Options
Galaxy S23
But, it really doesn't do anything. My phone still pops back and forth from 4g to 5g anyway so I really think it doesn't work. At least not yet. Maybe they are still tweaking things.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

Your phone will go to 4G when 5G is not available, but will not go to 5G when available unless the 5G toggle is turned on.  The inability to toggle it off, is usually because the carrier disables the option on carrier locked phones, because they don't want you to turn it off and then complain you don't get 5G. (At least, that's the only reason I can think of that they would disable to toggle).  Also, carriers who are still charging for 5G access will disable it in the off position.

Options
Galaxy S23
But mine is definitely not disabled as you can see by my screen shot.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

Which phone is the carrier locked phone?  

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Mine is. My s24+ on AT&T.
0 Likes