JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I Delete/Remove Unknown Devices listed in Smart View app?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Samsung_XdyFehG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I noticed awhile back a new device in my Smart View app that says KatieExpress. I don't know what/who that device is so I want to delete it. When I touch and hold on that device, it brings up a screen asking if I want to start Screen Mirroring, but there is no option to delete or remove that device.

How do I do it?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
It is probably a neighbor's device. My neighbor's TV used to show up on mine, til she moved. You can't delete it, but you can ignore it. You can't connect to it, because it requires permission from the other side. Likewise if your drvice is showing up on their side.
Samsung_XdyFehG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey, thanks a lot for your reply. I appreciate Your Customer Service. You've been helpful.

I was on vacation a few months back and kinda wondered if, and figured, it came from connecting to an internet device from one of the AirBnB's we stayed at in Puerto Rico.

The app developers Not having a device removal option is invasive, and since we can't uninstall the app,  Samsung should provide a solution for this.

Until then, Thank You!

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

It's like Bluetooth.  When you put your phone in pairing mode, it picks up all visible devices, all of which may or may not be yours.  Smart View, like Bluetooth has limited range, but if the device you are picking with SmartView is within that range, it will pick it up. My couch shared a wall with my neighbor's TV so, even through cinderblock, the signal penetrated. It only becomes a problem if the other device being picked up has the same name (like Samsung TV or something). Then the possibility exists that you are attempting to connect to the wrong device.  In an instance like that, if the pairing confirmation does not appear on your TV, you chose the wrong device.

0 Likes