Original topic:

How do I turn off auto-updates?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
userdMx9VlLleh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

For the past couple of months it seems that updates are forced upon users. Even contacting support they don't provide any solution other than the **bleep** "we'll take it as feedback."

I am on the latest update One UI 6.1. I previously was upset about this and tried going into developer options and turning off auto updates, but it seems this doesn't do anything as the notification still appears saying to schedule the install and I never even downloaded the update.

When going to software update there is no option to disable this as well. The only setting is that developer option and its not working. I am not the only person experiencing this and this is infringing on my device, I never signed up for them to auto-update my phone by force.

8 Replies
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Go to device settings > software update > hit the slider automatically download over wifi
0 Likes
userdMx9VlLleh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

This doesn't work. I don't have this as an option on my phone. I am using an S23 Ultra on the latest update.

0 Likes
Hello_Kitty
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
You should Samsung has to add it as a option
0 Likes
userdMx9VlLleh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Yea "has to add" but it's not there. I can take a screenshot and show you.

I am not the only one with this problem, they force the updates on you.

0 Likes
Hello_Kitty
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Sure
0 Likes
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
That's strange!
0 Likes
userdMx9VlLleh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Screenshot_20240813_195553_Settings.jpg

Nothing see

0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
You cannot turn off automatic installs in South Korea and North America (US/PR/CA).Samsung-Galaxy-Z-Flip-6-August-2024-Security-Update-South-Korea_1000060140_1724646558.jpg
0 Likes