JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to enable lens switching in video

(Topic created: 11-04-2023 11:23 AM)
Arteree
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Hi. I have recently went to Disney and while I was trying to record videos, I noticed that when I zoom in while the video is already going, the quality is super low and it seems like it's just cropping in on one of the lenses. But when I zoom in (for example 10x zoom) before I start the video, and then start recording, the quality is good but I can't zoom back out to 1x zoom or anything more than 20x. How do I change this? Why can't I switch the lenses while I'm recording?
9 Replies
ChristinaG2005
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Unfortunately I don't think you can switch lenses after you begin recording. Once you start taking the video, you are limited to the lense you chose, unless you stop the video and begin a new one.
Arteree
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks
ChristinaG2005
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
No problem!
0 Likes
Dolger
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
What model are you using? I am able to switch lenses during video on the S23U and I believe I could do the same on my S22U when I had it
Arteree
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I also have the s23 ultra. How do you do this?
0 Likes
Dolger
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm not sure, it could be because of the resolution you are recording at. It works fine with HD 30
Here are my settings too:Screenshot_20231104_121943_Camera.jpg
Arteree
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
It was the resolution. Thank you so much. I hope maybe in the future they let higher resolutions have this feature.
0 Likes
Solution
Dolger
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I just tested on 4k 60, it's the resolution. If you really need to switch lenses during video then I recommend recording at FHD 60 or UHD 30 as those are the highest resolution lense switching seems to work
Jirkaboss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Na mĆ©m S23 Ultra fungujĆ­ vÅ”echny 4 kamery dobře, ale jenom HD 30 FPS, FHD 60 FPS, UHD 30FPS umĆ­ přepĆ­nat mezi objektivy při přiblĆ­Å¾enĆ­. 

0 Likes