JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is there a way to enable quick shutter to expert raw?

(Topic created: 09-12-2023 12:34 AM)
Options
Galaxy S23

Is there a way to enable quick shutter to expert raw? I'd like to take raw photos of the river near my house. I've tried using the settings in camera assistant, but those don't seem to work with expert raw

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
This is such a great idea, and you're absolutely correct! There are several advantages to using RAW pictures (post processing being a major one). @Samsung_Moderator please tag this thread for the appropriate department to consider applying this kind of upgrade to the native Camera app in a future software update.

View solution in context

10 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
Unfortunately, because Expert Raw is still technically it's own separate app, Good Lock's Camera Assistant's settings don't apply to it. It would fantastic if they did! Eventually I see Expert Raw being incorporated into the native Camera app. It's also possible that there could be an update to Expert Raw to take advantage of the Camera Assistant features (or vice versa).
Options
Galaxy S23
That would be awesome. I would love to take raw photos of wild life. I know you can do that with the native camera. But post processing is so much better with raw photos IMO.
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S23
This is such a great idea, and you're absolutely correct! There are several advantages to using RAW pictures (post processing being a major one). @Samsung_Moderator please tag this thread for the appropriate department to consider applying this kind of upgrade to the native Camera app in a future software update.
Options
Galaxy S23
Pro mode uses Camera Assistant and can output RAW photos.

So this is already available to you.

Expert RAW outputs RAW photos that have been processed, as a matter of fact, and are not unadulterated images like Pro mode RAW photos.
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes. But I would like to see a quick exposure available to expert raw. Being able to take true unprocessed raw photos of photos nature, especially ones that require quick exposure would make for good photos in the end.
Options
Galaxy S23
Using the pro mode to take night photos of the river near my house produces darker images. It captures the rivers flow the but the image is dark. Expert raw produces good lighting but doesn't allow for quick exposure when trying to capture moving/flowing objects
Bruzote
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Is not the point of RAW to have better processing results in post? So if your Pro mode is dark, couldn't you just lighten up your image in post? BTW, I was reading one user's comments somewhere about how ExpertRAW actually creates output that has degraded potential for lightening up the shadows. The lighter output you claim to see coming from ExpertRAW might still be lacking detail in the shadows. What you see is the best you'll get while Pro RAW output can be pushed more to bring out details hidden in shadows.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
I'll have to play around in post with expert and pro and see what the results are
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Expert and pro same exact settings. Iso, shutter, etc. Post editing is the exact same.
20231103_204055_1000000676_1699069411.jpgPro_1000000674_1699069442.jpg
0 Likes