Original topic:

My Samsung Cloud backup has disappeared

(Topic created: 09-21-2023 12:51 AM)
greenkev
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello,

Having acquired a new Samsung smartphone, I had made a copy of the data from my old Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphone to my new Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G, which went perfectly yesterday.

In the meantime, I decided to give my S21 Ultra to my mother-in-law. To do this, I decided to reset the data on the S21 Ultra 5G.

In the meantime, I changed my Samsung Cloud password because I couldn't remember the old one.

At that point, my new S23 Ultra 5G switched over to my Samsung Cloud account, asking me to reset my Samsung password (so the new one) and validating the new password reset the default data on my S23 Ultra as if I'd just got the new phone.

At that point, I thought I'd restore the backup of my Samsung Cloud account, but the backup no longer existed (it had disappeared).

In the end, I lost all my data (photos, videos, etc).

Do I have a chance of restoring my old backup by contacting Samsung support?

I'm completely distraught because I had photos that were very important to me, like those of my son.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

All the best,

Kevin M

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello Kevin, Welcome to the Community. We understand the importance of being able to retrieve your data.

This article provides the steps for restoring data from previous backups: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060517/

Please note Samsung Cloud does not back up photos or videos. Those would need to have been saved to OneDrive, Google, or another method.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
MercsRampage
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't know I think they're changing something with Samsung cloud backup I have the application now but I can't access it I'm not exactly sure how to use it
MercsRampage
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Actually never mind mine also disappeared
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried going to the privacy website you should be able to see all your data there and download it as well
0 Likes
greenkev
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello @Picksomething4me ,

Where I find the privacy website ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards,

greenkev

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Go to settings then click on your Samsung account, then go to privacy then follow the pic below
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Here Screenshot_20230921_083219_Samsung account.jpg
0 Likes
greenkev
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I just make a request for France in Samsung privacy website in detailling my request in accessing to this website : 

https://www.europe-samsung.com/gdpr/webform/fr/sua

Samsung has 30 days to answer me.

I hope that I will have very good news :(.

Thanks for your help @Picksomething4me 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Of course let me know if it doesn't work. But I wish you all the best. In the future I recommend backing up important or sentimental information onto a flash drive.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
These are on sale on samsungs website or app Screenshot_20230921_084932_Shop Samsung.jpg