Original topic:

My wife's s23 Ultra is stuck in Android 13

(Topic created: 08-02-2024 08:40 AM)
Finn387
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I've been trying to help update my wife's phone because I've been noticing she hasn't gotten the new android os and one ui updates. We bought the phone from AT&T at the end of December; it is still locked to AT&T. Whenever i try to update it, it says the connection was interrupted. I've tried clearing the software system app cache and restarting the phone but it still says to wait 24 hours before trying again (i've done this multiple days). I've even tried just restarting and using different wifi connections.

I saw on some forums and posts that you can use smartswitch on pc to force an update and i just tried it today and what it told me was it is up to date even thought it is not (her phone in the privacy settings says it is out of date.)

I'm starting to run out of ideas unfortunately.

P.s. i posted this on the EU forum without realising, so sorry for the copy and paste šŸ˜…

7 Replies
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
You can use Odin or Samsung smart switch.
Finn387
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Whats Odin?

šŸ˜“i tried smart switch on pc last night and it says it's up to date; There's no option for me to update it.

0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
You will need your model number and your CSC code
1722613663293.jpg
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
A Software tool to update the device when using a computer.
Finn387
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

i finally got around to it, but i'm honestly sure i should go with odin. I'm more worried i might brick her phone šŸ˜… i shouldn't have to resort to using a flashing tool to get an update that should've already been downloaded and applied šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Then you can take it to a Samsung repair shop near you so they can update it for you.
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Checking for updates only works once in 24 hours otherwise you get the up todate notice as for the updates not sure as you tried everything I can think of minus resetting the network would seem you have a connection issue perhaps or the phone isn't wanting to update you could try the diagnostic test in settings than device care
0 Likes