JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New s23+ restarting randomly

(Topic created: 02-18-2023 10:53 AM)
mlkmade
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Just got my new s23+ 512gb and it has randomly restarted 4 timea in less than a day of ownership.

The phone is idle resting untouched when this happens. 

The restart is almost instantaneous. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
35 Replies
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23

After factory resetting it, did you transfer all of your data from the old device again?  Sometimes a rogue setting or app can cause problems with a new device.  It is best to factory reset the device, then use it for a few hours to see if the issue is still present.  If not, transfer things from the old device one option at a time to see if you can pinpoint what is causing the issue.  All I transfer from one device to the next is contacts, and text message history, for exactly this reason.

Maccity843
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
After factory resetting it I did not transfer all of the data from my old phone. I manually downloaded the main apps I need to use. I'll try going through each app uninstalling it to check and see if it is an app.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Try booting into safe mode, first, as that will didable all 3rd party apps. Power off and then back on holding volume down after the samsung logo to get to safe mode, if you did not know.
Dkoellerwx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same issue with the S23 Ultra randomly restarting for no reason.

0 Likes
Rammherz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Same for my new sgs23+. Freezes and then restarts every 5-10 minutes. Also restarts when don't touch it. Factory reset doesn't help.

The problem is critical, we need some solution asap

0 Likes
userKbrRj6Qk0L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
my s23 ultra randomly restarted when I'm just listening to audio books in audible.
0 Likes