JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New s23+ restarting randomly

(Topic created: 02-20-2023 09:19 AM)
mlkmade
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Just got my new s23+ 512gb and it has randomly restarted 4 timea in less than a day of ownership.

The phone is idle resting untouched when this happens. 

The restart is almost instantaneous. 
mlkmade
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
So crazy, me too! Was listening to rain sounds when it reboot. Ha
0 Likes
NovikovaNatalia
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same on my S23+ 512Gb! Restarts every 5 mins. It's awful!

Vnz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same for pre-ordered directly from Samsung S23 in the UK

xchrxx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Same. Mine is having the same issue as well. 

0 Likes
Members_gkAJXuO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Same issue here on a verizon S23+ 512GB model.  Just got the phone setup yesterday, and its restarted or shutdown randomly 3 times in less than 24 hour.  This sucks... Cmon samsung!!!

Members_gkAJXuO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Speaking with verizon chat support (unknown if they're reliable) - they are saying it'll be 3 weeks before the first update for the S23 which will fix the issue....   I have no doubt people will end up returning the phone and this will result in a massive black eye for Samsung with a ton of lost profit.  I plan on putting the SIM back in my S21 and waiting for the fix before using my S23... such a sad story for a brand new phone.

JHBIII
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm receiving a Plus on Tuesday. I've only seen 15 or so reports of this, all models but more Ultras, unlocked and the three big carriers. If this is wide spread and I have the issue, I'll give Verizon their three weeks. If it's still happening and they haven't put out an update, or the update does nothing, I'll return it before my 30 days are up.
0 Likes
userFPYGw64L2w
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Same but s21
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is for the phone to randomly restart itself. 

I would try wiping the cache partition on your device and see if that helps any.

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

You can also try the troubleshooting steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001475 

If the phone continues to restart randomly, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated at an authorized service center. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Maccity843
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Having an issue with the s23 ultra freezing and restarting multiple times a day. I've already factory reset the phone once and the problem still happening. Any one have this problem and did you get it straighten out?