JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No option to Manage Notification Categories

(Topic created: 03-05-2024 03:57 PM)
NeverGREGarious
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I am attempting to assign different notification sounds for different apps, however, the option to do so (appears to be?) is missing from the advanced settings menu. Every search I have conducted advises to toggle on "Manage notification categories for each app." However, what can you do when that option isn't there?

I'm have an S23 running Android 14 and UI 6.0 (screenshots below)

I appreciate ANY assistance. Thank you. 

6 Replies
DarkenMoon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
For some reason, it's off by default. Go into settings, notifications, advanced settings, then toggle manage notification categories for each app. Screenshot_20240305_123114_Settings_1000001364_1709670674.png
NeverGREGarious
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you for responding. However, my issue is that option is not there in my interface. Most results operate on the expectation that the option is there, understandably so, but for me, no such luck. Thoughts?1709670930236.jpg1709671070994.jpg
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
The "Manage notification categories for each app" option is showing on S24 series (as of now), but you have S23.
0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
You have to go through the apps, not the notifications screen. Go to apps. Go through each app you want to create a sound otjer than the default notification sound. Select the app, go to the notification section and then select allow sound an vibration. Then go to notification categories and enable/disable the cayegories you want. Then click on the particular category you want a sound for and select the sound. If you want the same sound for all the categories you allow, then select the sound you want as the app default in the atea where you allow the notifications. That's what all thise screen shots are showing you.
NeverGREGarious
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you realaud!!!

Of course I feel VERY sheepish as I thought the only option was to toggle the category on and off. It never occurred to me to click on the actual category. 🤦🏾🤦🏾

Again, thank you!
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Its a project you do when you are watching TV or sitting in a waiting room