Original topic:

Not happy about advertisement notification

(Topic created: Tuesday)
userhGwpad5Xyk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I am absolutely disgusted with what happened just now. I received an ADVERT in my notifications from galaxy store and I could not disable notifications or find any option for ADVERTS in the galaxy store app. This is absolutely disgraceful and I AM LIVID.

I eventually found your method of disabling these things and it is very clear that SAMSUNG IS EMPLOYING DARK PATTERNS. This is abusive and I will not stand for it. you need to change this right now. I have been a loyal customer of samsung since 2013, and every one of my Phones has been a galaxy since then, but I GUARANTEE YOU if you do not fix this abusive behaviour right now, my next phone WILL NOT  be a samsung phone.

This is absolutely DISGUSTING behaviour from what I have thus far believed to be a reputable company.

FIX IT.

17 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
They did not hide the option. Anyone who knows how to properly work their phone settings can disable it. And you truly do not know the meaning of dark patterns. Please stay in the UK forums.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

You used the term "advert". Are you British? Are you in the U.S.? Is your phone a U.S. version? If the answers to the last two are "yes", you should go to the members forum for your region and rant there.

userhGwpad5Xyk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

@Iamchaos13 wrote:
Calm down killroy. All you had to do is disable the notifications in the app. A quick 30 second task. For someone with 10 years of android use One would think you'd know a phone by now.

That's only valid when they don't hide the options with another hidden option in another menu.

janitor1999
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same here!  Not happy!  Please come up with the solution. I will not be purchasing another Samsung if it doesn't get fixed.

0 Likes
userhGwpad5Xyk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

You need to go into advanced settings in notification settings in the phone settings menu. in there is an option to basically un-hide the notification categories option in the app's notification settings. Yeah, they have made it pretty convoluted. It doesn't give me  much faith in them.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I posted a solution in this thread how to turn off ad notifications!
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Go to settings, apps, type in Push, your will see Samsung push services, tap on it, go to notifications, turn off, allow notifications. You will no longer receive ads.