Original topic:

Object Eraser since 6.1 update not working correctly

(Topic created: 03-30-2024 10:44 AM)
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, I am writing to report an issue with the object eraser function in the Gallery app after updating my S23 Ultra to the 6.1 UI. Previously, when circling an object to remove it, the outline would remain intact when I lifted the pen off the screen. However, now the outline shrinks to a different size as soon as I take the pen away, making it difficult to accurately select the object for removal. I have attached screenshots to illustrate the issue.

I would appreciate it if you could investigate this matter and provide a solution to restore the previous functionality of the object eraser. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

I do know about the new AI Function that is similar, however I prefer the object eraser. 

Best regards,

Rahsaan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I installed it and didn't see any changes as far as it allowing you to revert back to the previous object remover.
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
You should see this option in the top right corner.
Screenshot_20240408_141707_Photo Editor_1000004172_1712603828.png
0 Likes
CBodhi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Good on you. It was the magnetic lasso option messing it up. So my question now is; when would one want to use the magnetic lasso?

Thanks 

0 Likes
Rahsaan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
That doesn't work
0 Likes
borderlinefreak
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Mine isn't working correctly either now šŸ˜•
Sethes
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Wel l the truth is I've never had my email changed since last time I couldn't didn't know how so my phones showing a expired email addre6.
0 Likes
Rahsaan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I just noticed this also after the update on my fold. You can't make this **bleep** up. I use that feature every single day.
Livemusicatx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Same. Just updated this today and now object eraser is complete garbage... like 3 generations backwards **bleep**
Priskiller3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I used object eraser to edit photos a lot and now it's not working after the update. It shrinks to a different size.  Doesn't work. 

EEVJL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Agree! The update ruined this best feature. I just spent a half hour on the phone with their tech support and they cannot restore it back to the old way. It used to be able to erase things like a piece of hair but now it doesn't detect them at all. I'm so mad!
ETA , ok so the advice to go to the Samsung store and update your photo editing app works.. when you go into object eraser, you will see words that say magnetic lasso in the top right, and if you click on it it will be pretty close to the old way. It appears you have to do it for every picture.