JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI 6.1 update broke phone

(Topic created: 04-21-2024 06:32 AM)
Members_ZQtAint
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I recently updated to the UI 6.1 update and as the title implies it broke several things on my device. Currently I am getting ready to fully factory reset after I backup the device but I'm putting the thread here in case it occurs again/can help another user if they come across a solution in the replies to this.

The issues that I have currently is that anything media related is completely broken outside of pictures and previewing.

There is no sound on the device through Bluetooth, wired, or phone speakers. Anything using the microphone completely crashes the app that I attempted to use it for, and video recording also causes the app/phone to crash. I've attempt several regular resets and plan to attempt a phone Cache clear shortly but nothing seems to work. I think the update somehow completely wiped any drivers for audio.

I've also noticed that when attempting to watch videos not natively recorded on the phone, the screen will flicker several times green before it finally plays the video without sound.

Media controller shows that there are 0 devices capable of playing or recording sound as well.

EDIT:::::::
This is gonna be a quick update because I solved the issue and it was a strange as **bleep** issue. I don't know what did it or what application conflict caused everything to go to **bleep** but I fixed it.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
19 Replies
Ciarak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

You can find your IMEI number printed in tiny print on the back of your phone, or if you can turn on your phone type *#06# and it will show up on the screen.

0 Likes
Olaleye
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I updated my samsung galaxy s21 ultra last month  to the One UI 6.1 and my screen stop responding I can only use spen to operate the screen.  The screen is not responding to hand touch only pen. Bought the phone from Georgia around February 2024 but I'm in Nigeria now.  How can this be fixed. 

0 Likes
R128
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a Samsung S23 Ultra that was updated on May 27, 2024, causing the touchscreen to stop functioning. Samsung blames Google Discover for the touchscreen issues in One UI 6.1. Many Galaxy S23 users faced similar problems after updating their phones to One UI 6.1, and Samsung attributes these issues to the Google Discover feed. I attempted all necessary resetting steps, but nothing worked.

The next day, I went to my local mobile phone store and waited 30 minutes for the Area Manager to open the store. The manager checked my phone, repeated the resetting steps, removed Google from my phone, and finally wiped it to factory settings, but nothing resolved the issue. We filled out a form confirming the phone had no scratches and was in good condition, with the issue being software-related. The manager confirmed that the phone was within the manufacturer's warranty and would be sent to the repair team. I was told my phone would be repaired and returned to me within 3-5 working days.

However, I have not received any updates on the status of my phone for several days. On the fifth working day, I started a web chat, but they were unable to help me. They offered a Ā£20 compensation and provided a complaints number. When I called O2 directly, I spent 3 hours being transferred between different team members. Eventually, I was told that they had just received my phone and that it would be repaired and sent back in 1-2 working days. Later, the third-party repair team informed me that it would take 3-5 working days for their engineer to repair the phone.

After being transferred back to the O2 team and going through the same process for another hour, I received a repair quote for Ā£272.41 due to a cracked bottom screen. This damage must have occurred in transit, as the Area Manager confirmed there were no issues with the handset other than the software problem.

The Call Centre Manager said they would send the damaged phone back to me, even though it is not working correctly and could be further damaged upon return. I insisted that they replace the phone under warranty since it was damaged while in their care. Now, I have been directed to raise a complaint with the complaints review service at complaintreviewservice@o2.com, which will involve an investigation by the finance and complaints teams.

Please tell me why I have not received an update on the status of my phone and why it has taken so long to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

@R128 Thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

0 Likes
tornadoKegan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I am having a issue where when someone calls me or vice versa. They can't hear me unless I put them on speaker. I know it is not a hardware issue as it started happening as soon as the phone updated to 6.1
0 Likes
Members_VTetjoB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a Galaxy A53 5G.  The UI6.1 update has messed up my SIM card reader.  Randomly throughout the day my phone will show No SIM Card.  I have taken it to the phone carrier office and they have tried resetting the network settings on both the phone and on their end as well.  I bought a new SIM card and have the same results.  The only temporary fix is to pop out the SIM card, reset the network settings and then reinsert the SIM card.  This seems to help for anywhere from 1/2 hour to 1.5 days.  Samsung you need to fix this!!!!  A software update from the manufacturer should not be bricking phones!!!!

Members_oBQ1wO7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

SAME HERE.  I put off updating for several weeks, but now my phone is totally bricked after the install. The phone indicated a successful installation, but in the settings under software updates, it doesn't recognize the update at all.  Now I have no IMEI number, no SIM card, and no service, and nobody at Samsung has any answers.  

I will never waste my money on a Samsung phone purchase again.  Not after this experience. What a stupid mistake to make with customers. 

0 Likes
wantmys22back
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
The update destroyed the phone. I have a new s24 ultra. I typically do all updates as I switch my phone out every two years. I have owned many galaxy phones since the first one came out. This one has been a nightmare.
After the update, my phone went into repeatedly crashing. I mean rebooting every 30 to 60 seconds. The IT dept worked with me for two days, finally told me to return it and it must be the software.
I now have a new one, and it is already telling me to update it, i dont think so!
After I jumped from S22 to S24, I had issues. I am hoping I just had a bad phone. So far, the only good thing on the s24 is the camera.
JaceAurelius
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same issue. After the One UI 6.1 update my Galaxy A03s started to power off randomly or restart randomly on its own. Went on for almost a week and then wouldn't power on. I've been arguing with my phone carrier [Verizon] on getting a replacement/upgrade, as well as been arguing with Samsung Support over the issue. My phone is a year past warranty but in my opinion, since it's a software update pushed by Samsung that damaged my phone, Samsung should hold itself accountable and either offer to cover repair costs or replacement costs.

SYOTDSOTM
Teach_boss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
This is BS new phone off ebay updated to 6.1 screen doesn't work.no fixes tried all options and only solution is ro buy a 300 dollar screen. Ridiculous
0 Likes