JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI 6.1 update broke phone

(Topic created: 04-21-2024 06:32 AM)
Members_ZQtAint
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I recently updated to the UI 6.1 update and as the title implies it broke several things on my device. Currently I am getting ready to fully factory reset after I backup the device but I'm putting the thread here in case it occurs again/can help another user if they come across a solution in the replies to this.

The issues that I have currently is that anything media related is completely broken outside of pictures and previewing.

There is no sound on the device through Bluetooth, wired, or phone speakers. Anything using the microphone completely crashes the app that I attempted to use it for, and video recording also causes the app/phone to crash. I've attempt several regular resets and plan to attempt a phone Cache clear shortly but nothing seems to work. I think the update somehow completely wiped any drivers for audio.

I've also noticed that when attempting to watch videos not natively recorded on the phone, the screen will flicker several times green before it finally plays the video without sound.

Media controller shows that there are 0 devices capable of playing or recording sound as well.

EDIT:::::::
This is gonna be a quick update because I solved the issue and it was a strange as **bleep** issue. I don't know what did it or what application conflict caused everything to go to **bleep** but I fixed it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

@R128 Thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

View solution in context

0 Likes
19 Replies
ammobeatz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
So I had a similar problem with the One ui 6.1 update it bricked ny whole screen and I could only use my S pen everyday it got worse and worse until my screen was unresponsive and black. I tried to have samsung flash the 6.1 update back to 6.0 but after the phones are updated there's no way to go back. If you have a aftermarket screen or had your screen replaced at anytime then you should opt out for a OEM SAMSUNG screen that's the only way I was able to fix my phone or get it to work I had to pay about $350 for the replacement oem screen
Members_ZQtAint
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

So far, the screen seems to be working alright but I'm thinking that the update wiped all of my audio and video drivers. I don't know how or why that would be a part of the update but no speakers or mic are detected and when I try and play alarms or notification options it tells me the notification sounds are "unsupported Audio files".

0 Likes
ammobeatz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you made a appointment with a Ubreakifix location? Or had samsung look at it? Also is your phone still under warranty
Members_ZQtAint
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

It should be under warranty but I can't really go to any locations in person. I don't think I can even call someone since my microphone and speakers are broken.

0 Likes
ammobeatz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I know they have a live chat option 24/7
0 Likes
Members_ZQtAint
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Live chat is a bust, I'm not currently in the US and the english speaking support tech only helps people located in the US

0 Likes
Members_ZQtAint
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Solution : I really hope you have your old phone/backup from before you transferred to the s23 ultra. I held on to my old phone just in case and that was the solution. I had to factory reset my phone and then transfer everything from my old phone to my new phone. My old phone has all of its apps from early 2023 and so whatever app update clashes samsung had where nullified.

TL.DR: Transfer your data from your old phone to your new phone after you factory reset it. That's the fix that worked for me.

EDIT: This solution might fix your issue for several minutes but after being connected to a wifi network my phone reset and I went back to square one. I'm going to send my phone in to samsung and hope they can fix this **bleep**.

0 Likes
3Fees
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Sounds like a software issue. Flash your phone up with the latest update.

Cheers
3Fees
userq2CPJJ02GP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I had the same issue. The one ui update completely damaged my phone. My phone won't even go passed the "Samsung" welcome logo. I've called my phone carrier, they said to call Samsung. When I called Samsung, they said to take my phone to Best Buy. When I took it to Best Buy, they said they couldn't do anything. They sent me to Pandora Phones. He couldn't do anything so he sent me to Batteries Plus. They couldn't do anything so they sent me to UbreakIfix. They tried everything including factory resetting my phone. I mean, I might lose some pictures and documents that weren't backed up, but that better than having to buy another $800 phone! They tried everything... nothing. I finally called my carrier to get another phone. They told me to call Samsung since the update came from them. When I called Samsung, they asked for the IMEI number so they can open up a ticket to send them my damaged phone. Of course I don't have that. This phone was bought in November of 2022. No, I no longer have the box. Now, they can't do a ticket without that number. I'm **bleep**... ask over a stupid update. They lady at UbreakIfix said there are several other people having the and issues with this update.