Original topic:

Overheating issues year 2

(Topic created: yesterday)
anomalysighted
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Anybody else dealing with their phone overheating? I've had this phone for a good 2 years now, never had this issue. I've had android phones since 2009, so I know all about background apps running, cache, malware etc etc etc. I've tried it all and I'm still having this issue

Please help
0 Likes
2 Replies
TinaFly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Sometimes, a software update can cause overheating. Other causes may be a specific app. You will put your phone in safe mode to determine whether it is an app causing the issue or not. It isolates any third-party apps. If your phone runs smoother and doesn't overheat in safe mode, then that means an app you've downloaded is most likely causing the issue. At that point, you would have to use the process of elimination. Start by making sure all apps are updated and then test. If it still overheats, then start with the most recently downloaded apps and uninstall one by one and test after uninstalling each one. It's going to take some effort on your part to determine which app is causing the issue. Nine times out of ten, there is nothing wrong with your phone. Your service provider doesn't manufacture these devices. However, they should have troubleshooting steps for this issue. In order to determine whether it is a hardware defect, it would mean completing all troubleshooting. You can't skip any steps. This ensures that the phone is not being replaced unnecessarily. Again, more than likely, there's nothing wrong with your phone. It's just a matter of finding out what is causing it.
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23

@anomalysighted

Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Galaxy S23. I'd like to be of assistance to you about your question.

There are many resources available to you. So that you can get the assistance that you require. I will provide you with some information to get you started.

You can start by going to the Samsung Support Website here:

What to do if your Galaxy S23 device is overheating (samsung.com)

Since you posted in the Samsung Galaxy S23 Forum. I am assuming that your device is this model. Here is the Samsung Galaxy S23 Support Website:

Galaxy S23, Phones Support | Samsung Care US

Furthermore, you can also contact Samsung Support through other channels available here:
When Contacting Samsung Support it will be helpful to provide:

The Full Model Number of your Samsung Galaxy S23 Device:
The Serial Number of your Samsung Galaxy S23 Device:
The Date and Retailer you Purchased your Samsung Galaxy S23 Device:

I can provide you with the Samsung Customer Care Information here:

Please contact Samsung Customer Care: 1-800-SAMSUNG

You can find support at Samsung's Website here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact

Additionally, you can also contact a Samsung Community Moderator. They also can be of assistance to you regarding your Samsung Galaxy S23 Device.
Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

0 Likes