JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Persistent update notification, but no updates showing/available?

(Topic created: 12-10-2023 03:19 PM)
smallbeans19
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

So I just got a s23, my carrier is metro and it's unlocked. And it's telling me to update but when I try, it says it's up to date but the update notification won't go away and I know It needs one I'm still on 5.1 and my last security patch was in May. Help!!!

11 Replies
ReasonedLack
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I've heard of this exact same issue and it was also a metro phone I don't know of a solution personally as of yet but it may be related to your carrier
smallbeans19
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I was thinking that as well. When I log onto metro it still has my phone listed as a s22 and that was my old phone. And it says under "service provider software info" that my phone is unlocked att. **bleep**
ReasonedLack
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
That's interesting is it truly unlocked ATT ?
0 Likes
smallbeans19
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
The csc says unlocked but I just went on att website and requested an unlock code just to see and they are gonna let me know but that means it's locked right
0 Likes
ReasonedLack
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Not sure but I would say probably not necessarily but if it is ATT and locked then unlocking it might solve your problem?? I was on vacation once and my phone got stolen and someone gave me a loaner phone and it wasn't for tmobile and I called tmobile and told them that and they unlocked it instantly over the network?????? Maybe ?
0 Likes
smallbeans19
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
It said for me to power off my phone, insert a none att sim, (which I already had inserted) power on and a option to network unlock my phone would pop up allowing me to enter the code they gave me. Nothing popped up.
0 Likes
ReasonedLack
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Give it a bit try again if not call them back they should do it while your on the phone bud
smallbeans19
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
So you think I should call Metro and ask to unlock it
0 Likes
ReasonedLack
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Or ATT whichever but it's a good idea try telling them you believe it's the solution to the UPDATE issues you are having and that you are worried because it's been acting funny over that update and you're going on vacation and you dont need this trouble that's the truth right ?