Original topic:

Reinstalled Meets and Samsung. Message App still not working.

(Topic created: a week ago)
user8cJ24Ueeja
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Is anyone else having this issue? The temporary fix was to disable Meets or disable Samsung Messages and install Google Messages. I just Spoke with Tech Support and they stated it's been fixed and you should be able to reinstall Meets without having any issues with Samsung Text Messages. Well it's not fixed and now they want me to take my phone to the Asurion store to have my phone looked at by a technician. 
11 Replies
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you updated your Samsung messages to version 15.2.01.4? You can update from the Galaxy Store or from APK file.
0 Likes
user8cJ24Ueeja
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
No I haven't done an update to that version. I don't have any files listed in the APK file. I don't have Galaxy store, do have Playstore and I would have to install Messages. If I do that will it replace my current Messages or will I have 2 different Messages installed?
0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Just search for Samsung Messages and download from Apkmirror.
0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Is the issue now gone after updating your Samsung Messages?
0 Likes
user8cJ24Ueeja
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
It's doesn't let me update it.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

Downloading Google messages will not replace your current messaging app.  You can have both on your phone concurrently--One has to be the default, and you can switch back and forth if you want to use one over the other (all your messages will appear in both).  Each time you open the app that is not your default, it's going to ask you to make it the default.  Your default messaging app is the one you decide to use. You may decide you like Google Messages and stick with it, and you may have no choice in the matter as other messaging apps are phasing out because they don't support RCS.  They may in the future, but not now.

0 Likes
angelg4
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Do you have Auto blocker on?
0 Likes
user8cJ24Ueeja
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
No. When I go to Galaxy it's a different Samsung Messages to install and not update. And nothing gives me the option to update in the APK file for Samsung Messages.
0 Likes