JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-01-2023 09:51 PM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
669 Replies
KathyinCA
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes, exactly! I've been trying to order the T-Mobile trade-in, but it continually gives an error message after entering all the info to upgrade my existing line. Or I don't even get that far, and it says it can't verify T-Mobile IMEI numbers right now.

I've been trying for 13 hours, probably 50 attempts, without any luck. A Samsung agent even created a cart for me, and I had the same problem

0 Likes
JustinSchreurs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

S22 ultra is basically the s23 ultra. A 200mp lens is the only upgrade, the Gen 1 vs gen 2 you will not be able to notice. They could've made the camera lens flush or ceramic backs, something that made it worth the money. Also trade in prices are horrible , even for a pre-registration offer.

Archer818
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung is just following in Apple's steps, minimal upgrade with the premium pricing.
JustinSchreurs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

It's unfortunate. I half watched the thing while making a chowder this am and it was all fake cheers....we have 2x amoled!...well, so did the s22, we have xxxxx, so did the s22....we have 200mp...who needs that? Social sites that is the reason for most peoples pics won't allow a 200mp photo due to size.

They know it's  which is why we can't get a fair trade on the s22s

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
They innovated the trade in program. You want to trade your s22u here is $500 now give me $700 if you want your freedom of unlocked device. Or be chained for 2-3years for $199 but you have to activate a new line. That activation is where they get that money out'cha and 2years of a new line.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Verizon automatically unlocks them after 60 days
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Usually the year phone isn't much of an upgrade
20 to 21 wasn't too much
21 to 22
0 Likes
JustinSchreurs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
The 21 to 22 eliminates the note line and multiple chipsets. I'd there were enough upgrades to justify the jump. And they were giving 900 for the fold 3 (which I had but wasn't liking the super narrow front screen)
0 Likes
Wieze
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I have been a Galaxy User since the release of the Galaxy S6. I've been getting Galaxy smartphones since then. I've had the S6, S9+, S21 Ultra, and now the 22 Ultra. Samsung in the past has been great with their pre-order deals and trade in value. This year they have completely dropped the ball in this area, and left a bad taste in a lot of loyal Galaxy users. I was excited to pre order the 23 Ultra and trade in my 22 Ultra, not anymore.
I hope they some how fix this debacle. 
Options
Galaxy S23
Hello my fellow galaxy friend I have been buying samsung since the s3 and I feel the same as you do im very unhappy about the trade in value and im going to wait now till the s24 ultra comes out and not for nothing the s23 looks the same as my s22 ultra very disappointed samsung for the first time ever