JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-01-2023 11:20 AM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
669 Replies
Virgo87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
So I'm curious which one are u going to get the s22 ultra or the s23 ultra
0 Likes
c13urge
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Hi all. 
I'm coming from an S10 Plus and know that I want the S23 Ultra as my current phone is not going to be supported with security updates anymore.
My S10 Plus has 128 GB paired with a 256 GB SD card. And does what I need it to do as far as storage. It's been the best phone I have ever owned.
But with all of the new tech in the camera department on the S23 Ultra, I'm wondering what people are going with as far as storage is concerned. 
Is 512 GB enough or are people leaning towards 1TB?
Thank you for any thoughts and guidance.
Options
Galaxy S23
Depends on what you're doing I think 512 would be enough but I'm also not taking a bunch of 4k videos
c13urge
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I guess I could offload files onto my laptop if space becomes an issue. I'm guessing 512 GB is enough for a moderate to heavy user using my offload to a laptop theory...
Anyone else, feel free to chime in if you have any thoughts.
0 Likes
TUBuckeye29
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Are you one who frequently will offload your high-quality photos for editing/distro, or would you generally keep the bulk on the phone?

How do you like the quality of the photos you capture with the S10? B/c it could be that you may not want/need to utilize the highest quality image capture the S23 would offer EVERY SINGLE TIME. If the storage on your S10 met your photography needs w/o much trouble & you liked that quality most times, as long as you occasionally do some offload then 512 GB prob would suffice. That said: if you can afford 1 TB then get it. No such thing as too much storage.
Options
Galaxy S23
You take alot of pictures then get 1TB so it don't drag down on processer. That's what I'll be doing later on this year got to wait and see how many problems come up with 23 software
c13urge
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
If I got the 512 GB version I would always monitor the storage and probably offload when it was around 50% capacity. I would think it probably wouldn't affect the processor too much at 50%. I just don't know from a time perspective what that means like that's once a year or four times a year. I'm coming from a phone that's 4 years old and has 4-year-old tech.
0 Likes
c13urge
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I guess another option I have is keep my existing S10+.
But now that it's not being supported with security updates is that really something that is needed or can I somehow apply security updates manually for an unsupported phone?
Asking because I know a lot of people out there use unsupported phones. And I wonder if that is a smart option or not.?
0 Likes
Wanderlustx3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Anyone else having this issue when trying to pre-order on the website for Tmobile carrier?
Sammix
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

I tried to order the T-Mobile version of the S23 Ultra from Samsung's website, and got stuck when I reached the part where I had to contact T-Mobile. My screen stopped responding, and that was the end of it. Finally, I threw in the towel and ordered directly from T-Mobile, where there was no problem.

To order a T-Mobile phone from Samsung, Samsung's website has to work with T-Mobile's website, and you just know that won't happen. I had to give up my $70 credit, but I got my phone.