JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-01-2023 11:20 AM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, Everyone. 

Thank you for providing all the feedback with the New pre-order along with the trade-in Values. I have tagged the thread as preorder feedback so that this information can be found easily should our higher-ups request feedback regarding the new launch. 

We will leave this thread open for community engagement, but all posts regarding, feedback on Preorders, Promotions, and Trade-in Values will be merged into this thread, in an effort to help our moderators maintain our new S23 board. Thank you so much for your understanding! 

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

669 Replies
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
It is pretty poopy that they are offering only 500 for the s22 ultra but 780 for the iPhone 14. I feel like a dummy for ordering the s23 to be honest haha
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Can cancel the order
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
The fact they think people can afford 600 difference after purchasing a phone for 1k plus a year ago is disgusting and unethical at best.
Mantequillas
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
It's horrible that Samsung phone dont hold value year over year. I feel like there are not many features that make it worthwhile updating from an S22+.

Samsung needs to focus on making existing things on One UI better anyways.
worstphoneever
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, it's a self-proof of their phone's value. 70% of depreciation is reasonable just for a year???????
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@worstphoneever 

A trade-in value is not a measure of depreciation. Yes, android phones don't hold their value in US as well as iPhones, but it's not because they're not as good, it's just for some reason more people want them iPhones. It's sad, but in reality, these current trade-in offers are actually very reasonable, for a trade-in (when compared with what Apple of Google do, or god forbid, Best Buy). The problem is, of course, the fact that Samsung had spoiled us, over the ears. I'm an ammbasador, and I'm not saying it to desperage them, but I know it will come off as a backhanded compliment. Samsung has treated us too well over the years, so when they try to fall back to where the rest of the industry is, it's much more noticeable and shocking to users. And fall back they must. The world is experiencing a major global inflation right now. Everything is costing more, and these costs will continue to go up. They could have raised their prices, or try to save money somewhere else.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ā¤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ā¬‡

jk1211
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Few are debating you should get $1000 trade-in for a $1200 phone. If they are then that isn't a reasonable position. 

What happened in the past doesn't matter much.  There is a middle ground though. 

No device should lose 60-65% of its value or more in 1 year or less.  And Samsung is devaluing its own phones doing this for years to come.  There is market value and there is trash, and this is trash.  They don't have to pay "over market" anymore, but fair value is fair.

People are going to 2nd guess buying a $1000 phone if it is worth bupkis next year and so on.  The rest of the industry phones aren't worth $375 for a $1,000+ device in 1 year.   

Who would go buy a $100k car if the manufacturer itself thinks its worth $37,500 next year? That would be a rather dumb choice and you are going to buy from someone else.

Samsung has to prop its own market up then.  The trade-in values re not even real-world going rates. The average selling price on Swappa for an S22+ is $585 (128gb(, and the Ultra is $730 (128gb) for unlocked models.  A bit more ($50 or so) for 256g even if Samsung wont give you more for more storage.  

Even if you want to factor in fees, Samsung should be offering $500 for a S22+ and $650 for an ultra.  That is real world value.  And a safe way to do it via trade-in to avoid scams in private sales.

worstphoneever
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Are you kidding me? Do you know how seriously I'm regretting carrier trade in through you Samsung for zflip 3? If you and carriers made any contrats or deals something behind, the phone should last 36 months at least because they require 36 months installment, but less than every 12 months, the phone needs protective film replacement. Is it correct? If my phone is a different one, I never notice this problem. Even one day, I asked your agent where I can get this service, and I heard authorized partner, names ubreakifix, and I received a ticket. However, when I brought my phone with a ticket, they told me they couldn't, the could display replacement. Are they serious? Finally, I mailed it to your official service center, then I received it. It took more than 10 days. Do you understand just protective film replacement took more than 10 days? This is USA, not small country. If you want to sell more, just boost up quality first. Definitely, Apple looks like monopoly in the US now, but this is because your products have lower quality and ability. Even Carriers provide same deals with Apple phones as well. Samsung is not #1, but just one of others behind Apple.
0 Likes
DickBee
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, giving Apple users a better deal is particularly galling.