JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-01-2023 11:20 AM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
669 Replies
cricketj60
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I agree! Loyal customers should come first, but new customers ALWAYS get the deals!!! NOT FAIR!! Why does Samsung do this to us???
useraXKI5VjZVK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I purchased a T-Mobile S23 Ultra via Samsung's website, accepting their trade-in offer for my S22 Ultra of $1,000 and 2x memory upgrade on the S23.  Never received any instructions for sending in my trade-in phone, so called Samsung.  They said I had to contact T-Mo about that. So, I called T-Mo; they said, no, I have to contact Samsung about that. So, I called Samsung (again), and they said T-Mo was wrong; I have to contact Samsung.  After doing this dance one more time, Samsung Customer Service said they would "examine" this and be sure to resolve it favorably (so that I would get the promotion), and would get back to me by email one or two business days later.  Today, eight days later and having heard nothing further from Samsung, I called Samsung yet again and was told (for the first time, after all these calls) that there was no indication I had asked for a trade-in (despite the fact that I definitely had) and so none was now available, so there is nothing they could do.  Thanks a lot, Samsung!

Samsung_9pA4Y2P
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Same thing happened to me. Purchased the S23 through samsung.com, accepting the trade-in offer for my wife's S20. Never received the trade-in shipping label. Contacted samsung about the problem, they pointed me to t-mobile; called t-mobile they pointed me back to samsung. Countless calls and hours spent w/ both t-mobile and samsung, escalated the issue on both sides, w/o any resolution. The service is PATHETIC at best, on both sides. Had ticket open with samsung, got some emails back and forth, w/o any results, this is what I got in the last communication:

"Greetings from Samsung E-Commerce Support!

We do know that this is very frustrating on your part. However, we have coordinate already with your carrier and we can no longer take advantage the same promotion as it was not applied on the order. 

We hope you understand our limitations. If we could only have a way.

Thank you for understanding. Have a great day and stay safe!"

This is again PATHETIC at best and disrespectful to the customer - ok customer ! you are on your own, we don't care about OUR problems, we don't care about YOU ! I have gathered a lot of evidence about this, which, as an IT professional, points me to some sort of backend problem between samsung and t-mobile. 

The same day I have ordered my phone, same trade-in deal, and that worked well but, funny enough... on t-mobile I get 2 trade-in labels, different RMA #s but same IMEI on both, my old phone's IMEI. I am thinking to go to a lawyer to see what this looks like from their perspective, I smell a class action here... 

TheGalaxy
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Trade in value depends on the phone you buy. Higher price point equals higher trade in value
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@userfyqbQkSCs2 Trust me, Samsung is a lot better tons of companies out there. That being said, I am somewhat disappointed at some of the trade-in values myself. I blame it on inflation, and the rising cost of the materials used to make chips and other parts of smartphones. šŸ˜£

SmithBoy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Ive had my Samsung Note 20 ultra for awhile now...Got a upgrade but non of the phone now have a memory card slot and i pride myself on that because it keeps all the clutter..pics and videos off the internal space...Would it be a good upgrade?
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
The S23 Ultra 512GB would be an excellent upgrade! Also, if you need more storage space, I recommend getting an external drive like the T7 or T9. šŸ™‚
SmithBoy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I love the features of it but i was always cautious about puttn my pics..videos and stuff on memory cards in the phones i use..guess i gotta try something new
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
S23U 1TB would also be a good choice
SmithBoy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
yea i was thinkin about that one as well..guess i been stuck on having the memory card slot for extra storage