JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23+ locked on its own.

(Topic created: 01-04-2024 04:32 AM)
seagurl124
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

My s23+ locked on its own last week. I do not use any type of locks on my phone. The message on screen says enter 4 character and at least 1 letter to unlock. How do I get this when I never set up a password on my phone. I do not want to do factory reset. Verizon phone carrier who doesn’t support Samsung cloud. Tried find my mobile gives option to lock but not unlock, does this mean phone really isn’t locked? Called Samsung chat and spoke with someone conflicting info. One chat told me to bring phone and my receipt showing ownership and ubreakifix will unlock. Told him what it said on my screen. Ubreakifix said they can’t do that would have to factory reset. Do not want to do that and lose some major things on my phone. Also read here many have this issue could be from Samsung updates not anything I did. Need good help, so far all the help from Samsung has not been help at all but misinformation. I am getting close to getting an iPhone where I won’t have to worry about these Samsung issues. Anyone out there able to resolve this.? I have been on internet for past week trying to find ways.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
13 Replies
Twobuck40
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh and you can start counting the days until your post is deleted as a duplicate issue like mine and others were
0 Likes
seagurl124
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

So has anyone here had this problem and had it fixed without a factory reset? Can the phone be sent back to Samsung with proof I bought it from them and they can unlock it?

Juannnnn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Something similar happened to me my friend.

One day I restarted my phone (I usually do it from time to time) and it asked me for my pin, I put it in and it told me incorrect pin, MY OWN PIN OF ALL LIFE INCORRECT, I tried several times 5 times the pin and NOTHING. I started to get scared and opened my computer to read some similar case on the internet, and yes, it has happened to many people.

Surprisingly samsung is not taking care of this!!!!

It is literally a very annoying software bug. I'm without my phone for about a month now..... Fortunately I had a backup phone.

Right now I find myself trying a different pin every 24 hours to see if my phone recognizes any blessed pin.....

Solution
seagurl124
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yesterday I got it unlocked. I was about to factory reset it so I tried one last ditch effort. I pressed all 3 buttons vol up n down and power. A screen came up said warning OS I didn't read it all just stopped. Once it went back to.lock screen tried password I had tried earlier that didn't work and this time it did. I was in shock after a week of trying all kinds of passwords and other options it worked. Thankful to have it back.