JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23+ locked on its own.

(Topic created: 01-04-2024 04:32 AM)
seagurl124
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

My s23+ locked on its own last week. I do not use any type of locks on my phone. The message on screen says enter 4 character and at least 1 letter to unlock. How do I get this when I never set up a password on my phone. I do not want to do factory reset. Verizon phone carrier who doesn’t support Samsung cloud. Tried find my mobile gives option to lock but not unlock, does this mean phone really isn’t locked? Called Samsung chat and spoke with someone conflicting info. One chat told me to bring phone and my receipt showing ownership and ubreakifix will unlock. Told him what it said on my screen. Ubreakifix said they can’t do that would have to factory reset. Do not want to do that and lose some major things on my phone. Also read here many have this issue could be from Samsung updates not anything I did. Need good help, so far all the help from Samsung has not been help at all but misinformation. I am getting close to getting an iPhone where I won’t have to worry about these Samsung issues. Anyone out there able to resolve this.? I have been on internet for past week trying to find ways.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
seagurl124
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yesterday I got it unlocked. I was about to factory reset it so I tried one last ditch effort. I pressed all 3 buttons vol up n down and power. A screen came up said warning OS I didn't read it all just stopped. Once it went back to.lock screen tried password I had tried earlier that didn't work and this time it did. I was in shock after a week of trying all kinds of passwords and other options it worked. Thankful to have it back.

View solution in context

13 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
You can unlock it with the Samsung account. (If you made one)
If you have a Samsung account on the phone you can log into the Samsung account thru another device. And select unlock phone . It will remotely unlock it for you
seagurl124
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi, unfortunately when I go to find my mobile my only option is to lock phone not unlock it. Which makes me wonder, it thinks my phone is unlocked. Ugh

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Are you using the Samsung find my mobile or Googles find my mobile?
Google can't unlock it only Samsung can. But not if there's no lock on the phone.
0 Likes
Jack-Tag
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
How do u log in from another device? Mine won't let me?
0 Likes
Jack-Tag
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung took tht feature off
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
On a PC or laptop do this.
Here's the link to findmymobile https://smartthingsfind.samsung.com/login1704732470208_1704732470200_0.png
0 Likes
Twobuck40
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Welcome to the club fren. You will be lucky if you can factory reset. Mine needed sent to samsung reaper 2x and had the system board replaced.

BTW remote unlock is the only unlock method and they intentionality removed that on 12/4/23
0 Likes
Jack-Tag
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
How much was tht?
0 Likes
Jack-Tag
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
They did! It's **bleep**ing **bleep**!