JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23U: Where is the Voice-to-text mic for keyboard?!

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 10:21 AM)
jasmineberg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a galaxy S23 Ultra and updated this morning to 6.1 and now can't use voice to text in my text app.  It installed some AI Advanced Intelligence, which I've disabled and turned off in every area, yet it's still functioning and I cannot use voice to text anywhere.  

Voice input in keyboard is on samsung voice input as I do not choose to allow the permissions required for the gboard (they're riduculous!)

Please advise as to how to get the basic voice to text feature back.  These updates keep screwing up the phones and it's frustrating and annoying to say the least. Just want the old, simple functions please.  Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
147 Replies
joenamedguy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I saw in another post that the mic on the lower left is in Google Keyboard, nor the Samsung one that we use. However, I have found in the "Swipe...etc" features, in the input settings, there is an option to hold the Space Bar for voice input. I've been using it, and it sucks and I have to edit everything, but it's there. I hope this helps, for whatever it's worth.
0 Likes
Krillb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Not for me either. About to switch to Apple after 10 year if I don't get it back.
0 Likes
nashwest
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I can't find the speech to text mic anymore either. Nice job Samsung. Been with Samsung from the Note 2, then Note 5. I think this S23 ultra is an engineering flop anyway. ALL of my friends use Apple, and since upgrading to this S23ultra, for the first time, I've been thinking about switching. Maybe now is a good time to go to Apple. Any thoughts?
0 Likes
mflores1130
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I just received the latest update on Monday night. I did the update and didn't check my phone until the next day. I tried to send a text using the voice to text feature and the icon is gone. I went to an ATT  store to see if they could help me troubleshoot it. They couldn't figure it out. I called Samsung and they said it was a known issue and they are working on correcting the bug. I have seen a couple of different subs where people had similar issues. I have tried the suggestions and still not finding the voice to text icon. Does anyone have any suggestions that might work? Is anyone else experiencing the same thing and can't find a fix yet?

I didn't realize how much I need it. I hate typing texts. 🙂 Any help would be great!

mflores1130
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Nevermind. I am an **bleep**. I see it. That is a dumb update. 

Lumberjack28
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Where is it located ? I am having the same issue . If you could screen shot it for me please

mflores1130
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
The very bottom left hand corner. Next to the 3 line button.1712160932434_1712160932420_0.jpg
0 Likes
KKluz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I turned my phone off and on and it showed up in the very bottom left corner under the keyboard. Not very user friendly

mflores1130
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I found it there as well. It is such an obscure location, it's so easy to miss. Thanks!
0 Likes
SU23
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
But it doesn't do talk text. It's very annoying 😑
0 Likes