JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23U: Where is the Voice-to-text mic for keyboard?!

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 10:21 AM)
jasmineberg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a galaxy S23 Ultra and updated this morning to 6.1 and now can't use voice to text in my text app.  It installed some AI Advanced Intelligence, which I've disabled and turned off in every area, yet it's still functioning and I cannot use voice to text anywhere.  

Voice input in keyboard is on samsung voice input as I do not choose to allow the permissions required for the gboard (they're riduculous!)

Please advise as to how to get the basic voice to text feature back.  These updates keep screwing up the phones and it's frustrating and annoying to say the least. Just want the old, simple functions please.  Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
147 Replies
Jnyer27
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
If you hold the microphone (bottom left), you can switch to the input method. Now, they need to add the microphone back as an option in the keyboard toolbar... Bad decisions here.
Jnyer27
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Here is how to get input methods back...1712160948860.gif
0 Likes
user3mScH9OBlN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm not happy with my new clipboard is there any way to go back to the old
0 Likes
Bobs23
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
That didn't show up on my samsun s23. Any further instructions
0 Likes
Racegrl03
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
You definitely need to restart your phone and then click on a message. When you're ready to start typing, it will be on the bottom left hand corner of your phone, not of your keyboard.
0 Likes
NickeyName
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
To those who find solutions to their own questions/problems,
Please provide the solution(s). I've just read too many of these tickets where I find a "solved" problem and find "nvm, I got it" from 12 years ago, but no ++bleeping++ solution. If you know it, share it. Don't bait and switch.
Also, do not accept that comment with the nvm as the solution. It is not a solution; the problem is simply not there anymore (for the person requesting help).
Thanks.
0 Likes
slopoke988
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Mine disappeared after my last upgrade. 
Does anyone know how to get that function back?
userawTF54dkYW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
You have to go into your settings and then go into general management and then under a Samsung keyboard. If you scroll all the way down, you will see a reset. After you hit the reset, it will be located at the bottom left hand corner of the keyboard
0 Likes
user5U6N7RlTx7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I lost my microphone on my samsung text keyboard with the last update. Now I can no longer speak my text messages.
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
The microphone is now located in the bottom left corner if it's not show open your settings and go to general management and select keyboard list and default and toggle on keyboard button on Navigation bar

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes