JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23U: Where is the Voice-to-text mic for keyboard?!

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 10:21 AM)
jasmineberg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a galaxy S23 Ultra and updated this morning to 6.1 and now can't use voice to text in my text app.  It installed some AI Advanced Intelligence, which I've disabled and turned off in every area, yet it's still functioning and I cannot use voice to text anywhere.  

Voice input in keyboard is on samsung voice input as I do not choose to allow the permissions required for the gboard (they're riduculous!)

Please advise as to how to get the basic voice to text feature back.  These updates keep screwing up the phones and it's frustrating and annoying to say the least. Just want the old, simple functions please.  Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
147 Replies
ibnz2004
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm trying to figure that out also!
BGB2024
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Samsung forced an update yesterday to version 14 UI 61.  Security patch level 3/1/24.  I've gone through all the steps to make sure Samsung keyboard with Google talk is configured correctly (& restarted).  All icons on my Gmail, color note and messages  (still shows on facebook messenger) apps have changed to "default".  The voice icon is not available.  I have set microphone access to 'allowed only while in use' for these and other apps (color note not listed but I used the microphone with it before the update), still not available after a restart.  Any suggestions?

Options
Galaxy S23

"Keyboard Button on Navigation Bar" must be on or the microphone icon won't be displayed.

Screenshot_20240330_132217_Settings.jpg

BGB2024
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Can't find those options on new version.  Keyboard button on navigation bar is not listed as an option on my new version.

Options
Galaxy S23

Settings >

General Management >

Keyboard List and Default >

Keyboard Button on Navigation Bar option will be there.

Or at the Top:

Default Keyboard

Choose Samsung

Turn Show Keyboard Button on

Screenshot_20240331_190135_Settings.jpg

bjj8887
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Works. Thanks. This update was so unnecessary 🙄 hate when they break stuff
Trandall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I hate when they don't thoroughly test everything! Absurd.
userQOF5syAQKd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Not a choice in s23....**bleep**
user6ostWUebam
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Perfect.. thank you!

Options
Galaxy S23