JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23U: Where is the Voice-to-text mic for keyboard?!

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 10:21 AM)
jasmineberg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a galaxy S23 Ultra and updated this morning to 6.1 and now can't use voice to text in my text app.  It installed some AI Advanced Intelligence, which I've disabled and turned off in every area, yet it's still functioning and I cannot use voice to text anywhere.  

Voice input in keyboard is on samsung voice input as I do not choose to allow the permissions required for the gboard (they're riduculous!)

Please advise as to how to get the basic voice to text feature back.  These updates keep screwing up the phones and it's frustrating and annoying to say the least. Just want the old, simple functions please.  Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
147 Replies
userI2o4TzWvR3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
This also did not work; neither option worked
0 Likes
userJi9BUsREBX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have tried all the other solutions in the comments and nothing seems to work for me.

Not happy Samsung not happy at all.

Options
Galaxy S23

It must be on or the microphone icon won't be displayed:

Screenshot_20240329_015136_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
userJi9BUsREBX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
it is checked there. still not showing.
userRCChuDNJk8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

What I did was to restart the phone and the microphone showed up.

Now I fine a new problem.   I find that I cannot dictate punctuation.  For example.  I come to the end of a question and dictate "question mark" and the voice types "QUESTION MARK" or if I say "period" it types "PERIOD".  Huh.  What is the point of dictation if you have to go back and delete "QUESTION MARK" and do this for all the punctuation.  So dictation has become a burden. 

Solution anyone to dictate punctuation.  Or just restart the phone again, lol.

userTxRCYBH4zD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I love how one thing might be upgraded and then they screw up what was working fine.

0 Likes
AllieMae
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Did you ever figure out how to correct that?
0 Likes
joenamedguy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Same here. Mine was already switched on from before the update. I've followed all of the recommendations from other threads, too, and still nothing on my S23.
0 Likes
Members_bdz1wQ0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

The microphone is now in a different place. It is below the keyboard, in the very lower left of the screen. I have been looking for a way to move it without any success.

0 Likes
userJi9BUsREBX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
not for me, I see the little keyboard. 1712356586098.jpg
0 Likes