JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23U: Where is the Voice-to-text mic for keyboard?!

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 10:21 AM)
jasmineberg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a galaxy S23 Ultra and updated this morning to 6.1 and now can't use voice to text in my text app.  It installed some AI Advanced Intelligence, which I've disabled and turned off in every area, yet it's still functioning and I cannot use voice to text anywhere.  

Voice input in keyboard is on samsung voice input as I do not choose to allow the permissions required for the gboard (they're riduculous!)

Please advise as to how to get the basic voice to text feature back.  These updates keep screwing up the phones and it's frustrating and annoying to say the least. Just want the old, simple functions please.  Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
147 Replies
BGB2024
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your help - found it!

jnikiel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

BruZZi, I love you!!!  I get so used to seeing things in a certain place, that I never even noticed that icon!!!!  I hope the ZZ means you are a ZZ Top fan, LOL. Me too.

Options
Galaxy S23

You're Very Welcome !!! 🙂

Yep... the idea of using the "ZZ" was from ZZ Top. 😁

useriKTD789482
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Omg Thank you! I don't think I would have ever saw it at the bottom...
Options
Galaxy S23
You're Welcome !!! 🙂
Gretel69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you! What  a piece of **bleep** update this was. I might as well on a Cr@pple!

JonathanLTW9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

How do I get the microphone out of the bottom left this is a real major pain I do voice to text constantly. Can reach the microphone with my OtterBox case

joyss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I talked to samsung tonight and he tried To fix it to move the microphone Back to where it used to be and he said there is no way you can do it.... It's ridiculous being on the bottom left as it's so close two the three lll lines, when I press the microphone. Now it goes to my open pages. It really Sucks that they did that no, moving it either.
user6ostWUebam
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Mine doesn't show at the bottom  nor top...

Beingguided
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
you are the real mvp buddy. I spent over an hour and many yt videos. I feel so dumb rn. Thanks!!!!