JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23U: Where is the Voice-to-text mic for keyboard?!

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 10:21 AM)
jasmineberg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a galaxy S23 Ultra and updated this morning to 6.1 and now can't use voice to text in my text app.  It installed some AI Advanced Intelligence, which I've disabled and turned off in every area, yet it's still functioning and I cannot use voice to text anywhere.  

Voice input in keyboard is on samsung voice input as I do not choose to allow the permissions required for the gboard (they're riduculous!)

Please advise as to how to get the basic voice to text feature back.  These updates keep screwing up the phones and it's frustrating and annoying to say the least. Just want the old, simple functions please.  Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
147 Replies
usertMf6RrjCVw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

As someone that works with UI in tech ... I don't know whose **bleep** idea it was to hide the microphone in the corner and not send a UI update to customers but THANK YOU for posting a screenshot and noting what happened to the mic. I've been messing with my settings and reading message boards and was stuck until I got here. 

Yardape73
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Anyway to move it back to the top?

joenamedguy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
You are fortunate to have this. I do not on S23. I have followed every step of every advice in this thread and nothing. I'd be so grateful to have it at all, even if in a dumb location. I have all the necessary switches on in every setting anyone has mentioned, and nothing. You folks are lucky.
bjj8887
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have S23 and the instructions Bruzzi listed at the top of the forum worked for me. The microphone/keyboard is the bottom left corner. If it looks like a keyboard, hold it down and change to voice input....stupid I know
joenamedguy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you for your kindness and consideration to follow up and help. I dug into the release notes and found a way to make the spacebar work as a microphone. It's a new setting inside the Samsung keyboard, the place where you can change to swipe inputs, which has a new setting to turn on. This allows you to hold down the spacebar for 3 seconds and it will start recording. After phone restart, of course. Again, thank you and I hope you have a great weekend.
Dougster359
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you so much!!!

Members_GrHg2p2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank You and DUh to me

Members_9kSWpNX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I want it back on my keyboard where it used to be. Is there a way to put it back

Gypsydog67
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Anyone else not seeing that Mic in the lower left?  Simply gone.  And yes, my "Keyboard Button..." is toggled on.  S23 Ultra.  OS updated on 3/1/2024.

Gypsydog67
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

"Keyboard Button on Navigation Bar" is on but I still do not see the Mic icon in lower left.  any thoughts anyone?  S23 Ultra.  OS update on 3/1/2024.