JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23U: Where is the Voice-to-text mic for keyboard?!

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 10:21 AM)
jasmineberg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a galaxy S23 Ultra and updated this morning to 6.1 and now can't use voice to text in my text app.  It installed some AI Advanced Intelligence, which I've disabled and turned off in every area, yet it's still functioning and I cannot use voice to text anywhere.  

Voice input in keyboard is on samsung voice input as I do not choose to allow the permissions required for the gboard (they're riduculous!)

Please advise as to how to get the basic voice to text feature back.  These updates keep screwing up the phones and it's frustrating and annoying to say the least. Just want the old, simple functions please.  Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
147 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23

Yep. Unfortunately the microphone/keyboard icon cannot be moved at the moment. Haven't found  any info about a possible future update yet. The only solution now is to get a  third party keyboard app like Swiftkey, Gboard or even Yandex.

ciello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I was wondering about removing the update! This is my first samsung and it will be my last
joyss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Yup, same here, same with me. I was on with them for over thirty minutes I don't know why they did that. I hope they fix it.
rhartford
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Why was the microphone moved to the bottom of the phone. I want it back on my keyboard ??? 🤬🤬🤬

Chaszie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I agree, it's in the stupidest place doesn't even allow me to easily pause what i'm using it.

I now have some stupid AI Button in its place that I'll never use.

bjj8887
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Seriously! And they did all that just for me to remove all those buttons I don't use because you can remove them but now my microphone is an inconvenient spot and CANT be put back. How aggy and obnoxious.
user9nFr01v3wP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Same and I HATE THIS!!
ciello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I Agree 100%! 😡😡
Polly498
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks
0 Likes
Members_GQxoLEE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

It only shows 2 items on the Fold 5. I had to switch to Google voice for it to work. 

0 Likes