JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23U: Where is the Voice-to-text mic for keyboard?!

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 10:21 AM)
jasmineberg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a galaxy S23 Ultra and updated this morning to 6.1 and now can't use voice to text in my text app.  It installed some AI Advanced Intelligence, which I've disabled and turned off in every area, yet it's still functioning and I cannot use voice to text anywhere.  

Voice input in keyboard is on samsung voice input as I do not choose to allow the permissions required for the gboard (they're riduculous!)

Please advise as to how to get the basic voice to text feature back.  These updates keep screwing up the phones and it's frustrating and annoying to say the least. Just want the old, simple functions please.  Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
147 Replies
Harrypottersworld
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

😂 I got on here for the first time, for the exact same reason. I could not figure out where the mic went!! Thank you for dumming it down for me! So thankful for the people that can look "outside" of the box!!!!🥰

MeStaceyG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

sneaky bastages!!! Please don't do this kinda stuff to us older folks!! I just waisted  hours!! lol

Jmcrepair33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Ui 6.1 it's hardly charging my phone charges like 1 percent every 5 minutes takes forever. Samsung please fix. It's a priority for me to get my phone charged quickly in just a 30 minute break for the other half of the day.
BGB2024
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I started charging to see if the same happens for me - it does.  And my battery went from 77% to 31% with my usual activity in two hours - never happened before; an 85% charge usually last 2+ days.  Yikes.  I'll need to remember to plug it in every night.

Jmcrepair33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
2 plus days. Holy **bleep**. Do you when use your phone lol
mike11334
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Such a stupid idea to put it way down there. It's not convenient whatsoever. Why not keep it where it was when it is easily accessible
Members_XEbG5Wx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

This is soooo stupid.   How do I move the icon ????     It was a 1 handed  operation.   Now it's 2 !!      and it's hard to catch the icon so low and off to the side.   I need it back where it was !!!!!!!!!!!

user9XAIIgiwRn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
SAMEE!!!! I HATE THISSSS!!
Jtc247
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Come on Samsung that's the worst spot ever so much harder to use do something

Members_XEbG5Wx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

There is an app on the phone for chat tech support.    I chatted with someone for a while.   Can't be fixed, and can't remove the update.     All they do is apologize for the inconvenience.