JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen Turns on When Receiving Msg thru Samsung Msgs

(Topic created: 08-13-2023 05:43 PM)
CAPTAIN85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Whenever I receive a text thru Samsung Messages, it wakes my screen. Everything I've tried from what I found on many forums don't work. Even completely turning notifications off, it still wakes my screen. I really don't want to go back to Google messages, so is there anything I can do to keep my screen from turning on them I receive a text? This never happened on my 10e, s21 plus, or s21 ultra.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CAPTAIN85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
After tweaking and trying many things, I finally got it to not wake my screen by setting notification pop-ups to on (which they were always on) and changing settings (again) in the edge lighting. I get a pop up message on the top of the AOD now (which I still don't like), but the screen doesn't turn on now.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
Grayo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello!, have you tried editing the notification types for messages app in settings?

Grayo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

After playing with the settings on my personal device, I found that the screen would light up if the "Pop-up" notification category wasn't allowed.

Screenshot_20230813_211156_Settings.jpg

CAPTAIN85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I've tried it and it still lights up. Even with all notifications for the app set to off, it still lights up.
Grayo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
That's weird. Nothing should pop up if notifications aren't on for the app. Are you having this issue with any other apps?
0 Likes
CAPTAIN85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Nope. It's just Samsung Messages. I just went back to Google Messages because I was tired of it doing it.
Options
Galaxy S23
Go to apps than special permissions there's one for letting apps turn the screen on
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Pic Screenshot_20230814_231850_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
CAPTAIN85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
That's the first thing I turned off. Messages is the only app that I have that turns the screen on. I turned it on then off and it still turns the screen on.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
I'd try checking notification history and see which message app is sending notifications or what app in general
0 Likes