JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Some apps not opening!

(Topic created: 04-21-2023 05:38 AM)
Moosc
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung s23u, latest update. Got some apps that just refuse to open. I have one that when I log in it'll just bring me back to log in screen. After a few tries I get a message there's a bug in the app contact developer. Yet I can use same app on the pixel 7 pro with no issues. Both devices browsers are set up the same. But on Samsung it just refuses to open.. Another app everything works except when I click box nothing happens.. Really don't want to do a factory reset..
8 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Try doing Wipe Cache Partition, then repair apps.
Turn off the phone, press the Volume Up and Power/Bixby buttons simultaneously, and when you feel a vibration, release the buttons. When you get the boot screen, scroll using volume down buttons to Wipe Cache Partition, scroll to yes, use the power button for OK, next scroll till you see repair apps, it will towards the bottom of the menu, press OK. Your phone will reboot itself after it's finished!
Moosc
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
I've done that. Even deleted the app / apps or started with March update. Thought maybe that was it. But got April and still being weird.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Report apps to developers
Lexiwolf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I remember when I had an update on my phone one game didn't load right so I just restarted my phone and then it worked fine
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
My S22Ultra has had countless issues since the day I turned it on (brand new), with this one happening to the majority of my apps beginning after the OneUI 5.0 update in NOVEMBER. I've spent most of my time outside of work since seeking a solution and found nothing that's worked. I've tried everything I've read except for a (last resort) factory reset, due to the fact that I've heard dozens of people say it didn't work for them either. I'm essentially paying $1300 USD for a phone that's capable of calling & texting. Most of the time. Beyond infuriating.
Moosc
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks did you ever do a reset?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
No. Some people claim it worked for them, but I've read too many people saying it didn't fix anything. I really don't want to either and won't unless I've completely given up or I learn something that makes me believe it would work.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when you are unable to use your apps. We see that clearing the cache partition and repairing the apps has not helped.

Another step to try is resetting the Settings. Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset all settings. This will not delete your data, but you will have to reapply your custom settings.

If resetting the settings does not allow the apps to work correctly, a final troubleshooting step would be a factory reset. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If you are still unable to use your apps after resetting the phone, it will need to be evaluated by an authorized technician. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html