Original topic:

Swiping issues

(Topic created: 02-17-2024 06:52 AM)
Robinann1275
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I cannot swipe left from my home screen, I've contacted Samsung care they are currently working on it, but does anyone have any suggestions?
5 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Robinann1275 Just to clarify, do you mean that you can't swipe left to right on the screen? OR do you mean that you can't swipe right to left on the screen? 

If you mean left to right, to access the screen to the left of the home screen, try this:

1. Open phone settings
  2. Click on Home screen
  3. Enable Add media page to home screen. You can select Google Discover or Samsung News. 
0 Likes
Robinann1275
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Right to left
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Robinann1275 Are you by any chance using Edge Touch which is part of Samsung's Good Lock? If so, you may want to ensure that you swipe is not starting in a spot covered by one of the zones. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Within the Samsung Members app there is a diagnostic option, try running the touch screen test or might as well run all the tests and see if it finds any issues. You can also hold down the volume down button and the power button at the same time for maybe 7,8 seconds or until it restarts as this is a 'soft reset' which often times clears up issues.
*Pending the response by @LongHiker didn't fix your issue because if you have that Samsung News or Google Discover disabled then you cannot swipe left to right. They gave you a good way to access it but you can also be on your home page - press down in the screen until a section opens up below and now try to go left to right and see if the box that I have an arrow pointed at is filled in or blank. I mean the only option for that screen is the Google Discover or Samsung News so you're really not missing anything but not being able to access it unless you're wanting that quick access screen1708197474160.jpg1708197474185.jpg
0 Likes
user41924
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I just figured out how to do this. Click and hold a blank spot on the home screen. Swipe right to left (to the blank page), then tap the blank page. It will be added. Good luck!