Original topic:

Talking about S23 (+, Ultra) bootloader unlocking

(Topic created: yesterday)
Bonhomie-1420
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

My previous post got remove. I'm calling you out on this one Samsung. Let me make it clear, all ANDROID PHONE HAS BOOTLOADER UNLOCK option as that is from android OS it self. OEMs will place lock on it for reasons such as to secure phone, greed, etc.

Previous post that got my post removed had an answer "Qualcomm chip samsung device can't unlock bootloader", well that is not true. My Samsung A73 5G has Qualcomm chip and I had install custom rom with root as well (you have to have unlocked bootloader to do that). 

S23 Ultra international version has bootloader unlock option. why does the US version doesn't? I switched to samsung before because Apple suck. It might be time to switch again if you become 2nd apple.

Also there is no excuse to lock bootloader on American version of the phone (I'm not American). "Samsung locked bootloader for verizon, at&t, t mobile customer to prevent them from do stuff they shouldn't do" yea sure, but shouldn't you update and add the option back to unlocked phone? 

At first, I looking to buy your S23 ultra but now I'm not gonna pay 1200$ for your phone that restricted my use like apple does. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
MoiLeTrois
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same issue with the S24 Ultra (U1, unlocked).
0 Likes