Original topic:

Contacts Custom Label reverted name to default

(Topic created: 02-07-2024 05:30 AM)
LindaK20
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi. Whenever I create a new contact, I sometimes change the field name using the Custom field and create a new label name to an appropriate one. 

Lately, when I go to a contact, the Custom field only shows Custom, not the name I created. I don't want to change all of them if they revert to Custom. 

It would be great to know what caused it and prevent it from happening again. 
SullyPanda76cl
Constellation
Options

Same problem

0 Likes
Members_AD9vzmf
Astronaut
Options

Yes to ALL_THE_ABOVE_PROBLEMS!!! And it's a WIDESPREAD problem!

Samsung and Google need to work together to fix this stuff! No, I take that back.

Samsung and Google need to work together and GET THE BUGS WORKED OUT BEFORE PUTTING OUT UPDATES.

RussKenner
Astronaut
Options

Did they ever make it possible to get the custom names recovered? 

0 Likes
userWxPWVXgb8l
Constellation
Options

Same here. Samsung, please repair it. It happened after the last update

John F2
Astronaut
Options

Yeah, it was convenient.  Samsung should have never changed this feature.  I'd love to know what their thought process was.  However, I just tried something and it seems to work....

My contacts are synced to Google so as a test, I edited one person in my Google contact list and created a custom label for their phone.  Saved it, and the custom label now appears on my cell, and it looks like it will remain.  We'll see.

0 Likes
Homeuser66
Cosmic Ray
Options

I just noticed this about a week or so ago ,myself. Like John F2 said, I've done the same and it stayed. I just can't figure out how it changed or why. I had an old phone (Note 10) still laying around, so I turned it on, disabled the wifi and my contacts didn't change. I was able to download my contacts, but since then, I've added 42 more contacts. I'll have to compare them and add them back. Then figure out the 42 I added, which is far better than going through 1300 contacts 1 by 1 and fixing them!

Apparently Samsung removed the "CUSTOM" Label. However, I still have this option on my S23 Ultra.

0 Likes
Bigk129
Constellation
Options

The option to add custom labels for phone numbers in contacts is now gone. What happened? Cannot find any way in settings to restore the option. Ultra 23 user.

3crosscountry
Astronaut
Options
Yes you can just get onto the phone number then go to edit scroll through options and push the option that says ringtone and you can add a ringtone
Options
What kind of information are you trying to add? I've only heard the term label in connection with Gmail (there's a widget with that name).
0 Likes
Bigk129
Constellation
Options
Yes, the label feature is available in Gmail contacts. However, the Samsung version of contacts has always allowed for a custom label. But, the last couple of updates have apparently eliminated that feature.
0 Likes