JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to forget Wifi network

(Topic created: 03-02-2024 11:48 AM)
Robott0m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi folks, I've got a weird problem with an S23 Ultra. Hoping someone can help me understand what's going on. I installed a new router several days ago and everything went fine. Now, recently, I'm seeing one of my network SSIDs in the available network list on my phone as "available via neato". I do have two Neato vacuum robots in the house, but I'm pretty sure they're not capable of extending any networks. Also, I removed both of them from the network that says "available via neato". OK, so it's weird seeing the network is "available via" or "connected via" (when I do connect to that networks) , but what's even worse is I cannot forget / remove the network from the list. I'm adding some screenshots to show what I'm seeing on the phone.  I thought forgetting the network might be a good place to start but what I'm really after is getting rid of the "available via" thing. Or at least understangint why it's there. I've never seen anything like this before. 

available via neato.jpgno forget option.jpgforget option.jpg

18 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Too forget a network follow the pictures below 1709405231587.jpg1709405231602.jpg1709405231621.jpg1709405231640.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
Robott0m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi Gary, thank you. I did try this before posting, unfortunately, the network that I am trying to forget / delete does not show in that list. So, I don't know, maybe it's an active network that hasn't been added to the list? What I really need to know is "what does available via or connected via" mean and why is my phone trying to connect to my network "via" anything?

realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
It looks like that's a pairing network for your robots. When a smart home device needs to be paired with a phone app for control, you usally have to do the initial setup on the device's internal network. I had to do that with my microwave and my shades. It's supposed to not be visible if the devices were successfully paired to its app. You may have to run through the setup on your robots to make it go away.
Robott0m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you, I think that definitely has something to do with this, I just don't understand why it persists after the paring. I might try uninstalling tha Neato app and see if that makes it go back to normal.

realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh, hey. I completely glossed over the fact that this was due to a router change. There would be no need to delete and reinstall you app. The internal device network need to be re-paired with your network. You have to dig out your manual and follow the directions to pair it eith your network.
0 Likes
Robott0m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Interesting, so maybe the robot needs to be wiped and re-joined to the network. I will definitely try that but think it's really weird that some remnant of the pairing would still show on my phone. Regardless, will give it a shot and let you know tomorrow. 

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
The remnant of the network shows on your phone because your robots are lost and looking to find their home. You shouldn't have to wipe them, but it cant hurt. In most cases you just need to follow the instruction manual on how to join your network. The device networks only show up when they are looking to be mated. I have to do that sometimes with my microwave if i had a power outage and lost the network connection. I have to drag my manual out every time because i forget the sequence.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Great advice!!!!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Who's your internet provider? Have you tried going to your provider app, and remove or forget device?
0 Likes