JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Updated keyboard lacks symbols

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
popsykle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Previously, the letters had a corresponding symbol that also showed on the key. If I pressed and held the A, it would insert an !
Now, the keyboard is like the CrApple phones and you have to hit the symbols button to get to the symbols. If I press and hold the A now, it types Ć 

Is there a setting to get it back the old way. I've almost sent my phone flying about a 100x in frustration over this horrible keyboard.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

try resetting the keyboard  to default and do you perhaps have Hight contrast keyboard toggled on 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

6 Replies
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

Open your keyboard settings 

scroll down to Layout

scroll down to Alternative characters and toggle in on 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

popsykle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
It's grayed out so I can't use that1717107547463.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

try resetting the keyboard  to default and do you perhaps have Hight contrast keyboard toggled on 

popsykle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Aaahhhhhh
Thank you! I did that yesterday but then played with other setting to try to get the symbols. Then it was grayed out when I got to that.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

Yeah happy to help for some reason Alternative characters don't work with High Contrast Keyboard.  If you could please like the comment and click the 3 dot menu in the comment above and mark as Solved 

Also Thanks for being a Loyal Samsung Member 

popsykle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I did have the high contrast keyboard on.