Original topic:

Upgrades - to many things messed up

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
userCm5aYoQ6u0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

With the recent updates to the S23 and maybe other Android or Samsung smart-phones,  it would appear various changes were made to just annoy some of us.   Wondering if others are finding things moved, removed, hard to find, or just don't work right now ?

As example...
 - you can not change the Ringtone for a Contact in the contact info,  you have to back in to it via the phone side
 - you can not change or set a custom Notice chime for a Contact in the contact page, you have to do it from inside a text chat
 - you can not set a custom Notice chime for a Contact unless you have an active Text chat in play
 - you can not add a phone number via the Chat to an Existing Contact,  only to new Contacts
 - you can not easily add an Email to a Contact without scrolling around for the Add option
 - Google Maps at times will dominate the complete screen and can not exit or back out without having to back-end toggle or restart the phone
 - built in Alarm feature tends to be picky to click to 'Stop' and a wrong click,  you can't get to the alarm going off so have to go in to the Alarm setup and turn it off  (and back on if a daily alarm)

I could give various other issues,  things that worked and were direct and easy, options in places you would expect,  that are now moved, gone or just messy.

Just wondering, if many others have felt the same after some of the recent major upgrades ?

9 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

Sure, Samsung is making changes just to annoy their users. Great marketing plan.  

leonardopmacedo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

My batery duration in S23 ultra was almost cutted by half... 

Luvztoread2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I, too,had that same problem and contacted Samsung, to no avail. I accidentally stumbled upon it.
In the contact, down at the bottom options, choose "more" with the three dots above it. There you have the option to change ringtone/vibration.
0 Likes
userCm5aYoQ6u0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

This does allow for setting a custom 'Ringtone' but does not allow you to set a custom 'Chime' for text notices, from a person via the  Contact  page.

Should be a basic option in the Contact page to set these options, for that contact.

0 Likes
Luvztoread2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, you're right. They make us do an extra step by setting the custom notification tone via text.
0 Likes
userCm5aYoQ6u0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Ah...  you can not set a custom chime for someone,  UNLESS  you have an active text conversation going with them.   If you have no current chat text going, you can not set the Text tone for them.

You can not simply set the Ringtone or Text chime for a Contact,  in their Contact file.

userFsk0nA9ZJb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Same here using Google Maps. I haven't yet noticed the other problems - yet. I usually just complain about things like this here, but it's happened so much that I broke down and sent an error report to Samsung. I know they fix things because there are many times I've complained about something in my head and then they fix it on a subsequent update. So could you join me with putting in an error report? I use Google Maps all the time. I would actually like this to be fixed - like yesterday. Lol Thanks!
subdan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm unable to access my contacts phone numbers, it says that some permission has been turned off. I did not knowingly turn it off
0 Likes
AllyB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes and now my face effects in picture edits isn't recognizing faces. The circle is usually around an elbow or something ridiculous when there's clearly two face looking directly into the camera. So annoying.
0 Likes