JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Use Google translate within WhatsApp, can't activate.

(Topic created: 11-09-2023 08:37 AM)
RicardoH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I know there's a way to have a translation app, such as google translate, android S23+, while in a chat. But I dont know how to activate it. There is a floting button but I can't set it up. It wouldn't let me. Please help
2 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy S23
I can see what you mean, I sometimes have a similar problem myself, but luckily I have the solution for you that I hope it can help with the issue at hand here.

Google Translate within a chat on an Android device typically involves the "Tap to Translate" feature. Here's how you can set it up and use it:

•Enable Tap to Translate:
- Open the Google Translate app on your device.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines (menu) and go to 'Settings'.
- Select 'Tap to Translate' and toggle it on.

•Using Tap to Translate:
- When you have text that you want to translate, press and hold the text in the chat.
- Select 'Copy' from the options that appear.
- A Google Translate icon should appear floating on the screen (a chat head).
- Tap the icon, and it will display the translation in your chosen language.

If the floating button isn't working for you, make sure that you have the latest version of the Google Translate app. If it's still not working, try the following:

- Check if the "Draw over other apps" permission is enabled for Google Translate. This is required for the floating button to work.
- Go to 'Settings' > 'Apps' > 'Google Translate' > 'Permissions' (or 'Advanced' > 'Draw over other apps') and make sure it's turned on.

- Ensure there’s no conflict with other apps that might have permission to draw over apps.

- Some devices with aggressive battery optimization settings may prevent Google Translate from displaying the floating button. Check your device's battery optimization settings for Google Translate.

If you continue to face issues, you might want to check for any specific instructions for your Samsung Galaxy S23+ model or contact Samsung support for more detailed guidance.

I purposely separate the sentence so that it can be read better then seeing the usual "wall texts"
RicardoH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks!... Worked. Had to go to apps as you said. Yoir the best!
0 Likes