JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using Google Assistant to Play Offline music files in Samsung Music

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
PoorGuy
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
When I ask Assistant to play files on my phone using Samsung Music, Assistant turns off shuffle. Has anyone else experienced this? I have sent feedback to Google. 
13 Replies
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried saying to play music with shuffle on? The default setting might be with shuffle off. I am going to try it today and let you know
PoorGuy
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks. Please let me know how you make out. I will also try that.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks!!
0 Likes
PoorGuy
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Tried it and so far doesn't work. But running into another Assistant issue. A lot of times when I ask it play music, it tells me that Pandora is not installed which it isn't. But I want to play from the files I have on my phone anyway, not from a streaming service. I know it seems to be an Assistant issue but I was curious if anyone is experiencing anything similarand possible solutions instead of waiting for Google to respond. Trying to set it up but the only solution I can think of is trying to utilize Modes and Routines.
0 Likes
PoorGuy
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Okay, so I found how to resolve the issue but it is an awkward two step procedure.
1st you've asked Assistant to play particular offline files in Samsung Music and it's playing (the correct files as requested - sometimes Samsung Music won't change as requested)
2nd then ask Assistant to turn on shuffle. It will respond -- okay asking Samsung Music to play music. It will continue to play what is playing and will turn on the shuffle feature.
This seems to work but it shouldn't have to be. Samsung needs to demand Google modifies Assistant.
Solution
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
I was testing on my end too and it only works when the music is already playing. You can't ask to play music and then shuffle. I asked to play music and then I asked to shuffle
0 Likes
PoorGuy
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Agreed. I tried asking to turn on shuffle at the same time as asking to play whatever I wanted and it only confused Assistant. As I said, I know it's a Google problem but it was nice to work through it with someone else. Now I hope Google does something or Samsung puts pressure on Google.
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm going to put in a feedback report and hopefully they might hear my requests. I'm using this site if you want to submit too https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/9813235?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid#zippy=%2Cother...
PoorGuy
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
I have sent some feedback to Google but I am going to do it again. Who knows?