Original topic:

WhatsApp Audio STOPS at 30 seconds

(Topic created: yesterday)
usereo7WBB12pT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a Galaxy S23. For some time now, at least with the last two updates, I have noticed that when I listen to WhatsApp voice messages that are longer than 30 seconds and put the phone to my ear, the screen turns on and the audio stops after 30 seconds.

I have also tried in Galaxy S24 and same issue.

I am not the only one with this problem.

Will Samsung fix this issue?

36 Replies
uservguj6Ip42X
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Same here with S24+

The bigger issue is Samsung Support that doesn't understand that only Samsung phones are affected and they keep blaming Whatsapp.

I got fed up with Samsung Support and I guess my next phone will not be Samsung if that's their standard of support.

0 Likes
Members_361XAxX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm seriously debating whether to buy a phone from another company, but this one is fairly new. Good luck.

0 Likes
usereo7WBB12pT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

How is it possible that the best devices from one of the best mobile phone brands fail with one of the world's most famous applications? But, above all, how can it be that they haven't fixed this for months, even when they have feedback on their own forums? I find it incredible.
Five years ago I bought an S10 and changed it for a Huawei P30 Pro. I think in a month I'm going to change my S23 for a Pixel, which I'm SURE doesn't have this type of error unfixed for so long.
I didn't expect this from a supposedly TOP device and brand.

0 Likes
Members_UisThHZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the same issue with my Galaxy S22. Is Samsung going to do something about this? It is very annoying. 

0 Likes
LucasBarrosLOB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I believe I found the culprit here on my Samsung M52 5G. I've just managed to listen to a 4 min long voice note, after turning off the option to protect against accidental touch when phone is in dark places, like pockets or purses. Turned it on again, tried the same audio note, and the bug returned. My phone is in PT-BR language, so I'm not sure how that option is actually spelled, but I guess you can understand. It's under "display" or "screen" options. No use complaining to whatsapp, because it seems to be really a Samsung issue, as stated by several people on this same forum.

0 Likes
usereo7WBB12pT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Are you sure that it works? I have tried and the bug persist.

Can you please try again and post the result?

0 Likes
c3k
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Didn't solve neither for me

0 Likes