JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

6.1.1 release, since the 7 beta is delayed?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
RedOregon
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Moderators, since the word is out that the 7 beta release is delayed until after the 6.1.1 version is released... Do we have a time when 6.1.1 is expected out? I've got a 23+, unlocked.

Thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been using the 6.1.1 release on the new z-fold 6. There are enough changes in it that I can see where it might cause compatibility problems with other programs. Smart select is completely redesigned. Since the changes will likely be incorporated in version 7 it might be a while until they roll it out to all the other phones.

View solution in context

8 Replies
RedOregon
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks. Sammy Fans tend to be mostly "Maybe, Possibly, Someone thinks" type of articles. But I appreciate your passing it along!
BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24

I know... But it was the only one I found to mention a more detailed reason for the delay.

RedOregon
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Right. Sometimes the Samsung Moderators will pass along more accurate and specific information.
myraim
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Have downloaded the new update that was released recently?
0 Likes
RedOregon
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Which one?
0 Likes
Solution
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been using the 6.1.1 release on the new z-fold 6. There are enough changes in it that I can see where it might cause compatibility problems with other programs. Smart select is completely redesigned. Since the changes will likely be incorporated in version 7 it might be a while until they roll it out to all the other phones.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Nobody knows for sure when it's coming. But if past history serves as any indicator, it won't be called 6.1.1 when you get it. The official ".1.1" releases are reserved for foldables. The other devices usually get an additional 6.1 update that has some, probably most, of the ".1.1" features