Original topic:

60hz works very bad on samsung galaxy s24

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Sjad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

the 60hz is completely trash on galaxy s24. I like using 60hz on my galaxy s24 but it is very laggy.  it becomes unusable when a video is being played while your looking through the comments, like it becomes so slow that you need to wait a second for the app to response to your touch like a scroll or a tap. don't have this issue with my galaxy s9 which also has 60hz and it runs smoothly and doesn't become super slow all of a sudden  but like it does on galaxy s24. will samsung fix it. or just ignore it. I'm not the only person experiencing this many people are.

5 Replies
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

It's possible for that particular app, that the refresh rate is dropping due to the video playing. Might not necessarily be lag you're seeing, but the drop from 120hz to 30, or whatever value is being used. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
0 Likes
Sjad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

okay so I checked it again has nothing to do with frame rate drop . I used the developer options to see the frame rate  but the frame rate stays at 60 hz while I'm using the app. like Instagram or reddit,  so this happens quite often I am playing the video and scrolling through comments and it becomes super slow and unusable. Basically response time to my screen touch becomes like 1 or 2 seconds and the video that is being played becomes super slow like the video is literally skipping frames, like playing a game on an a very slow and old computer. and at all times the frame rate stays at 60.    so it is not the issue with the app or frame rate. my galaxy s9 doesn't have this issue at all. so my question is, will samsung support actually listen to customer and fix the issue or not?

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

From which app are you playing your videos?  How has software been ruled out of the equation?

0 Likes
Sjad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

the issues which are experienced, I only experienced them in 60hz with 2 different apps. I think there are more apps which also get affected but I use reddit and Instagram more that's why I notice it more. but when I change to 120hz I never experience this issue. so I don't think that there are problems with the apps. if there were they wouldn't work fine on my galaxy s9 which runs on 60hz but for some reason work like **bleep** on my galaxy s24 on 60hz.

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Sounds to me like these apps work just fine if you leave your phone on their default settings.  Perhaps the app is trying to use the full 120Hz as that is what your device is rated for, and is having it's own issues.  If this only happens in these two apps, I would look into the message boards for these apps to see if others are experiencing the issue, and see if the app developers are working on an update to fix this.

Not sure why this is even an issue though, as it works fine on Adaptive.  There are better ways of trying to save battery life (like killing background apps)

I run my S24 Ultra at Adaptive screen refresh, QHD+, and full vivid, and still get well over a day of battery out of it before needing a charge.

0 Likes