JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ability to switch between 5G and 4G.

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Is it possible to switch from 5G to 4G(LTE)? As far as I know, it's just not possible on One UI, and its possible on other skins or OS. I just hate not having the ability to switch since 5G drains so much battery. And other 1st party apps only support lowering the cellular(mobile data) connection IF YOUR DATA USAGE is reaching its data limit, which I don't have. 
0 Likes
9 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Depends on your carrier if they give you the option
Settings
Connection
Mobile Network
If your carrier allows it, It will show here

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Thats weird. Im comparing it on the iPhone with the same plan, and it supports it. But my past Samsung devices(S22U and S24U) dont despite having the same plan.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm not sure I know Verizon doesn't allow switching, which is who I have

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I have AT&T, though perhaps they may have shut the LTE lines down. If thats the case, I dont get why the iPhone supports it or if any other os/skins supports it. But even then, it still drains too much for my liking.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@PrimePixel IME AT&T does not enable the menu to allow you to switch bands or search for other signals. 

PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Why?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Probably because they don't want the user misconfiguring their phone and then calling customer support.
0 Likes
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Sigh people these days.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
T-mobile allows users to turn off/on 5G services, including voice over new radio. It's carrier dependent.
0 Likes